Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Success :)
mamamanda 04:16 AM 01-22-2016
I've worked so hard to correct behavior with my aggressive dcg. I finally found some privileges that seem to matter to her and we've been 3 days with no hitting/shoving/hurting friends at all!!! And we went from full on tantrums ranging from 5-20 minutes (in the calm down area of course) at the beginning of the week to fits that are over in about 15 seconds the last 2 days! It's so exciting to see improvement!!! Thank you all so much for your advice/listening ears! Just wanted to share something positive!
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 01-22-2016
Wow, that's great to see such a drastic change so quickly!! Yep, they can do it if you find the right currency.
SnowGirl 10:11 AM 01-22-2016
Nice!! Care to share what worked??
mamamanda 06:37 PM 01-22-2016
Not conventional, but its working for us! I allow her to come with her nails painted each morning and if she is aggressive we take the polish off. She LOVES having her nails painted so the idea of losing it is enough to motivate her. She is a real sweetheart. Has just had a real struggle with the aggression lately. I think the terrible two stage has gotten the best of her. I'm confident she will come out of it though. Both parents are on board with curbing the behavior.
Josiegirl 03:00 AM 01-23-2016
Cool idea! One of my dcgs came with her nails painted one day and dcps told her if she scratched anybody I could take the polish right off. These little girls just love their nail polish.
Tags:aggressive behavior
Reply Up