Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Night Out
ihop 09:12 AM 09-16-2013
I am doing my first parents night out next month and I want to do them all themed. It will be dinner, movie and maybe a craft. I'm not very creative but I want to keep it fun and interesting.

Any suggestions would be AWESOME. Preferably inexpensive also, since I'm still not sure what to charge for four hours.

Thanks in advance!
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 09-16-2013
Here are some other threads about Parent Night out

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ents+night+out
ihop 12:22 PM 09-16-2013
Thanks, I reads over them but I an looking for more ideas for activities an themed night.
crunchymama 05:29 PM 09-16-2013
I'd pick the movie first and go from there.
Lady and the Tramp, spaghetti to eat, activity play with play-doh and make fake spaghetti

If you have all girls you could do Tangled and to eat angel hair pasta with alfredo and braided breadsticks, and activity would be makeovers and hair stuff

All boys--Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, pizza! and activity maybe painting rocks to look like turtle shells

Pick your movie and let us know your ages and maybe you'll get more ideas.
ihop 05:47 PM 09-16-2013
I have a mix of genders but these are awesome ideas. THANK YOU!
Starburst 11:20 AM 09-17-2013
At my last FCC job, my roommate (the daycare owner's daughter; about 18/19 at the time) and I (about 15 or 16 at the time) would have parent's night out for the daycare parents at our house. They were ages 4-12 years and mixed gender.

In the garage we set it up like a game room anyway, so we moved some things out of the way and we put up strobe lights and black lights and put on (Disney) dance music. If the boys didn't want to dance we had video games (old school Nintendo lol) in the living room.

For dinner we just got some $5 pizzas from little Caesar's.

Sometimes we would play board games or charades. When it got dark we would either have a few kids at a time play laser tag (we had 4 vests/shooters) and the whole group would play "the scary monster game" (the kids named it that; when we played it without the kids we called it 'Bloody Mary')- it's basically hide in seek in the dark, only 1 or 2 kids (usually the older kids) at a time would hide in the house and the whole group would count in the Garage and look for the other kids in the dark, the first one caught is it but if it's a younger kid they can pick an older buddy/sibling to hide with or just decide to skip a turn. The kids loved it!

and before bed time we would watch a Disney movie in the living room.
Josiegirl 11:21 AM 09-17-2013
Since you'll be doing it in October(I assume?) you could do Halloween, unless you want to stay away from holiday themes. Otherwise, think harvest time of year. Games? Bobbing for apples or donuts on a string. Make a simple pumpkin shaped pinata. Painting mini pumpkins, roasting pumpkin seeds. Making peanut butter bird feeders. Stuff a scarecrow together. Make pumpkin shaped cookies and let them decorate them.

What ages are you talking about?
ihop 12:59 PM 09-17-2013
I have a 8wk old, 5mo old, 2.5yr old, and 5yo. Plus probably a few other preschool aged dropping by.

I'm starting to think they may be too young for themed nights.
Starburst 04:40 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by ihop:
I have a 8wk old, 5mo old, 2.5yr old, and 5yo. Plus probably a few other preschool aged dropping by.

I'm starting to think they may be too young for themed nights.
Probably, with those ages I would just stick to movies, meals, music time, and maybe simple crafts/games for the older kids.
Tags:parents night out
Reply Up