Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Angry 3yo
Boymom 06:40 AM 07-12-2016
Maybe I'm over analyzing this, because, well, he is just 3 years old lol, but dcb is becoming incredibly argumentative.

He saw bananas on his plate and screamed I DON'T WANT IT!

And anytime I say ANYTHING, he says no it isn't. Like if I say it's cloudy, he says no it isn't. I'm going crazy.

Is this somewhat normal behavior? What would y'all do?
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Boymom:
Maybe I'm over analyzing this, because, well, he is just 3 years old lol, but dcb is becoming incredibly argumentative.

He saw bananas on his plate and screamed I DON'T WANT IT!

And anytime I say ANYTHING, he says no it isn't. Like if I say it's cloudy, he says no it isn't. I'm going crazy.

Is this somewhat normal behavior? What would y'all do?
Yep. He's 3.

That is what all my 3 yr old's are like right now....

I sure hope it passes soon. I'm not really liking some of these "big kid" attitudes..
Boymom 07:50 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yep. He's 3.

That is what all my 3 yr old's are like right now....

I sure hope it passes soon. I'm not really liking some of these "big kid" attitudes..
I'm so glad I am not alone hahaha! He sure does test my patience most days!
Indoorvoice 07:58 AM 07-12-2016
Yep seems normal! I have three 3 year olds right now and this is my day all day every day. Every. Day.
daycarediva 09:27 AM 07-12-2016
Yup. Opinionated much?
Sunshine74 09:51 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Yup. Opinionated much?
For sure! Dcg refused to eat and went to bed hungry because her food was on the wrong color plate yesterday.
daycarediva 09:54 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
For sure! Dcg refused to eat and went to bed hungry because her food was on the wrong color plate yesterday.
I had a 3.5yo telling me "I don't know hoooooooowwwwwww." as she was literally doing what she was saying she couldn't do.

Don't engage, don't make eye contact, don't negotiate with tiny terrorists.

It's all budding language abilities and the power of it. I label the emotion for them, and give them acceptable wording when they're not yelling.
BabyMonkeys 10:04 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Don't engage, don't make eye contact, don't negotiate with tiny terrorists.
I used those exact words with one of the parents yesterday! Literally...exact same. I guess we think alike.
Unregistered 10:46 AM 07-12-2016
I have one that can have a loud voice when he is arguing, so it sounds much worse than a normal 3 year old. Plus he picks up on ALL adult conversation. His new thing is, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!" In a really loud, rude voice. Apparently he listens to dcm and dcd watch sports... But if I tell him no or he doesn't get his way, that's his reaction right now. Oh joy!
daycarediva 10:58 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have one that can have a loud voice when he is arguing, so it sounds much worse than a normal 3 year old. Plus he picks up on ALL adult conversation. His new thing is, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!" In a really loud, rude voice. Apparently he listens to dcm and dcd watch sports... But if I tell him no or he doesn't get his way, that's his reaction right now. Oh joy!

I had one 3yo dcg say "Jesus Christ" muttered under her breath on a regular basis. I finally has to ask Mom. She admitted it and changed it to something more kid appropriate. Now dcg says "my word..." under her breath
AmyKidsCo 11:30 AM 07-12-2016
Yup, he's 3.

My 3 yr old dcb drives me up. the. wall.
"Amy, I don't want ______, Amy."
"OK, you don't need to _______."
"Amy, I don't want ________ Amy!"
"OK, so don't ______."
"Amy, Amy, I don't want ________ Amy!"
"B, you don't have to _______."

1 minute later...
"Amy, I want _______."

And yes, he does begin and end most sentences with my name. All. day. long.
Tags:3 year old, angry, inappropriate talk
Reply Up