Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Biting .... I Need Advice!

i have a kid in my class that has a terrible time with biting, there are times where she goes for weeks where she doesn't bite at all, then its like she relapse and is back to biting, last week in one day she bit 3 children in matter of about 2 hours,i have talked to her mom about this more times then i can count, what i usually do when she bites is i talk to the kid who got bit first check them out then i sit her in time out for 2 mins since she is 2 according to her age, then i talk to her about how biting hurts and its not nice. i don't know if she is doing it for attention or what, but i was wondering does anyone have any advice? other kids parents are getting angry and upset that this keeps being an issue. what are the policies at your daycare when a child bites? i might add in the past when she was in the one year old room she had issues with biting and they had a the parent and teacher come in for a meeting to talk about the problem, that doesnt seem to have helped... anyway I could really use some advice!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

I had a biter but she only bit her brother so it was never an issue with the other parents, and her parents were aware of the problenm bc she did it at home too. Every time she bit I would tell her that it hurt her brother and that she would have to go into a time out. I kept telling her that if there was a problem or toy that she wanted to get my first, and that biting is not acceptable. Eventually, she got it, and now she gets me instead of biting. We had a good 4 months of it though, at least 1 time a week.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Here is a rather lengthy thread about biting. Hopefully, you can find some helpful info in it.

http://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6

Tags
biting