Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Was It Bad I Text DCP's Not To Bring A Contagious Kid!?!
SunshineMama 12:25 PM 03-29-2012
DCB has hand foot and mouth disease.

Mon: Regular Day

Tues: Suspicious sores on hands, diaper, and mouth. I told mom about his spots being concerning, etc, and they wrote it off as teething.

Weds: mom calls, says taking dcb to dr. Dad calls a few hours later, says its HFMD. Dad asks if its ok to bring child friday since they are going on vacay fri-sun and mom is watching dcb fri night -sun and it will be a lot for her to have to watch him fri, sat and sun. I said we will have to wait and see how he is friday.

Weds: No dcb. My BFF (and dcp's mutual friend) has a baby 2 weeks early

Thurs: No dcb. I watch BFF's other dd (the one with the newborn). I text DCM and DCD to please not bring him tomorrow if he is contageous because I cannot get a newborn baby or anyone in BFF's family sick (especially with HFMD). I sent the text hours ago and have not received a response. They almost always respond within an hour.

Was it bad that I told them not to bring him if he was contageous because I will be around the newborn and I dont want anyone getting sick?

Its weird they didnt get back to me. But I dont want them to bring him just because they dont want the grandma watching him for 3 days in a row. That is not really my problem. BFF is family to me and so are her kids, and her newborn baby. So I wanted to make sure that they knew that if they brought a sick child they could potentially be infecting me, and BFF's other dd, which WILL affect a 2 DAY old baby.

Was I wrong?
Tags:contagious, parent notification, sick policy
Up