Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Small Nap Room Solutions?
DBug 10:00 AM 02-12-2010
I need some ideas -- my baby/young toddler nap room is quite small. It's my daughter's bedroom, so it has her bed and dresser in addition to the four playpens for the daycare kids. Each playpen is designated for a specific child, and the kids are all here on different days. There's no more than 3 sleeping in there at one time, but most days it's 2. As it is now, I have the playpens lined up along one wall, because that's just about the only way they'll fit. I have to move playpens around every day, so that the ones in use that day aren't side-by-side (otherwise I'm afraid that the little ones may poke or bite each other if they're not actually sleeping). I'd like to figure out some way to be able to leave the playpens in one place, because it's getting a little ridiculous playing musical playpens every day. I was thinking of getting some of those portable office room dividers (cubicle walls) second-hand, and putting them in between the playpens. Any thoughts? Do you think that would be a safe solution or is there a better idea I haven't thought of yet?
gbcc 10:05 AM 02-12-2010
Are stackable cribs allowed in your state?

If not, could a crib or two be moved to another room of the house? Your bedroom or if there is a good sleeper in your living room?
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:24 AM 02-12-2010
could you switch them to cots? and have them out in the playroom? I transition mine at about 11 months.
DBug 10:43 AM 02-12-2010
11 months, wow! What do you do about morning nappers? The ones who still nap in the am are the ones I have upstairs in playpens. Once they give it up, they're on the cots in the playroom for pm nap ...
momma2girls 11:08 AM 02-12-2010
WOW!!!! There is no way my 11 month old would transition out of her pack and play!! I do it more like 2 yrs. old if even beyond that yet!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:10 AM 02-12-2010
my babies get two naps a day, the big kids get one nap after lunch.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:12 AM 02-12-2010
I rarely have pak and plays in use. I transition them to cots as soon as I can. I try it at 11 mo, then once a week until I can get them to stay on the cot for nap. usually by about 11 mo they are good to go. (for the record, I hate playpens, lol) and do everything I can not to have them in use.
momma2girls 11:15 AM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I rarely have pak and plays in use. I transition them to cots as soon as I can. I try it at 11 mo, then once a week until I can get them to stay on the cot for nap. usually by about 11 mo they are good to go. (for the record, I hate playpens, lol) and do everything I can not to have them in use.
WOW!!! I have my own daughter who is 22 months, and I couldn't imagine her without a crib!!! I also have a 11 month old dc girl, and I really couldn't imagine her with out a pack and play!!!
Great for you!!!! I don't know how you do it!!!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:26 AM 02-12-2010
I stay right here, beside them, a gentle hand on their foot, leg, pat their back if needed. they love sleeping with the big kids and just stay there.
mac60 11:54 AM 02-12-2010
Only asking, is there any way you can change out the bottom pack in play mattress and bedding each day, so that you could only have 2 set up instead of 4? You could spray with lysol at the end of each day. You wouldn't be sharing the bedding, just the frame would be shared. I know my pack in plays, it would be easy to switch out the bottom mattress portion of them. I have the problem too of pack in plays in a small room. I have 2 18 mo olds and there is no way I am ready to move them to mats.....I would have to sit on them to keep them on them. I think your concept of dividers is good, but I can see them pounding on them.
originalkat 02:31 PM 02-12-2010
I also like the idea of just changing out the mattresses as much as possible. That might get at least 1 pack and play out of the way and possibly 2. I dont transition to cots until two. I think it is possible to do it earlier, but its not my preference.
Tags:playpens, sleeping rooms
Reply Up