Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>All my Clients are leaving
Unregistered 07:33 AM 06-01-2011
So the past 2 days I have received notice from all 3 of my families that they will no longer be needing my care. Their last day will be July 1st. I am devastated and scared. For one family they got both kids in the Goddard School, the other two can't afford it with their schoolagers being off for the summer. They all say they love me and they feel bad and will give me letters of reccommendations. I have already posted flyers and a new ad on craigslist, but I need some positive vibes and words of encouragement please!!
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:25 AM 06-01-2011
I have been using Kijiji to advertise my dayhome and i have had nothing but sucess with finding new kids. I also put up a poster on the front of my house too, and it works. As my mom has always told me, 3 empty spaces on your shelf are to be filled up again soon.
good luck!

P.S. I dont use Craig's List, too many wierdo's out there!
GotKids 08:47 AM 06-01-2011
I am waiting for my official license so I can only have 3 children here until it does. One parent is getting married and I will be moving out of state and one quit her job. Right now I have just one full timer and it is scary. I have an interview tonight that I am hoping comes through.

I use craigslist and I have had pretty decent luck in the past. I also have my husband put an ad up at work which has been great.

I hope it all works out good for you and soon too
lil angels 09:27 AM 06-01-2011
I feel for you contact your local resource and referal office to update openings and I have a sign in my yard and that really helps I have 4 daycare's in my neighborhood and people walk by and see it all the time and will give me a call. Make flyers and put them anywhere you can churches, banks, stores anyone that has a bulliten board. Good luck it is a good time of year to get calls also when kids are going back to school I seem to get a lot of calls.
DaisyMamma 09:36 AM 06-01-2011
That's a major bummer, but you've got a month to fill those spots I know craigslist is sketchy but I've had wonderful luck with it. i just don't post any of my information there, no phone number, address or web address. I have not heard of Kijiji, I'm going to look it up right now!
countrymom 09:54 AM 06-01-2011
kijjijji is the same as craigslist. I have a sign on my front yard. I don't get wierdos calling me, everyone in town knows that I run a daycare but basically thats the only advertising I do. I do have a sign that says that I have spots available and take it down every once in a while so people see that I'm busy then I put it back up.
VTMom 10:12 AM 06-01-2011
Can you contact your local school to see if the office can keep your name and number, or if you can put up a flyer at the school. I know of a local provider who posted a flyer on the front doors of the school. I imagine there may be a need for summer care right now. Just a thought...
Reply Up