Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Everyone Is Sick And My Daughter Has Pneumonia - How To Keep Them Well?
SunflowerMama 07:27 AM 10-16-2012
Everyone in this house is sick. Both my daughters (one was diagnosed with pneumonia last night), myself, husband and practically all the daycare kids.

I feel like I'm cleaning enough and all the time but maybe I could be doing more. The kids are washing their hands my main problem is that I have mostly littles so the whole covering your mouth thing is usually wasted breath. I have 3 infants (9 - 11months) and 4 toddlers (ages 2/3). They all still put EVERYTHING in their mouths.

What are your cleaning routines? What (toys, bedding, furniture, knobs, etc.) and when?

I wipe down toys daily with disinfecting spray, bleach and water solution soak at least once a week, bedding every Friday, knobs, doors, bathroom, surfaces...multiple times a day.

What could/should I be doing differently??
Angelsj 10:34 AM 10-16-2012
I would suggest you build their immune systems. If you aren't already (sometimes kids just get sick) get some books on old fashioned immune building foods.
I really like this one. Even if you don't choose to use ALL the information, it will go a long way toward teaching you how to use food as an immune system builder.
I would also spike all the kids smoothies with elderberry, or just get the chewables and give those to the kids. It is safe and very effective in building little immune systems, as well as shortening colds/flu.
Reply Up