Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We ARE lucky
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:32 PM 07-09-2012
I know I do my fair share of venting, this is just a great place to let my inner feelings out, although I am gentle on the outside.

There are many vents about being a daycare provider, but I want to shout out how lucky I feel to be one vs working for an employer out of the home. Last August I went back to work out of the home and did this for 7 months. It was less stressful than daycare, however I felt I was always missing something, and felt secluded inside all day without the freedom to go outside and enjoy the great sunny days.

So when I start feeling frustrated and down, I remember the feeling of being cooped up inside and the lack of freedom at my home. I really do have it lucky and blessed to enjoy the beautiful summer days when many people cannot.
BumbleBee 07:01 PM 07-09-2012
I totally agree. I've been stressed out lately trying to get all of my ducks in a row and get my daycare up and running, however, I do NOT miss working for a center. The last one I worked at was filled with issues and I definately do not miss the back stabbing/gossiping/ridiculous demands that went on there. Whenever I feel like I will never get this thing off the ground, I go back and read the last inspection report for the center I worked at (public record, posted online so it's completely legal). 14 pages of violations make me thankful I do not work there anymore.
EchoMom 07:04 PM 07-09-2012
Thank you for this reminder!!
laundrymom 09:45 AM 07-11-2012
I agree!!! We are lucky. I love my job, love the freedom, the craziness of it. I also love that I'm able to work on my writing at naps.
Crazy8 10:11 AM 07-11-2012
yup! of course there are pros and cons to any job/choice. I know I've continued doing this all these years because the pros definitely outweigh the cons!! As my kids get older I consider going back outside the home to work but I think deep down I know I just wouldn't be able to do it.
Reply Up