Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter or e-Mail
mbullette 07:43 AM 07-30-2012
How do you all notify your families of happenings, vacation days and so on. I am just wondering if e-mail or a letter is best? I would personally talk to the families but I have several who have family members pick up and drop off and the messages always dont get to the parents. Just trying to see what has worked best for you!!

Thank you so much!!!
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 07-30-2012
I e-mail monthly calendars to my parents as well as provide a calendar at the beginning of the year with ALL closed dates highlighted.

I also send out weekly reminders and post a notice on the parent bulliten board. 95% of my days off or closed days are planned at the end of the year and notice is given to the parents the first week of January.
texascare 09:57 AM 07-30-2012
I email each family and I put a reminder on the on the front door a few days before the event as a reminder.
mema 11:28 AM 07-30-2012
I hand out a calendar at the beginning of the year with all the dates. I also post a reminder a week before. I have 1 that likes it emailed also because the printed out one usually gets lost and she can forward it on to grandparents to figure out dates with them.
momma2girls 02:14 PM 07-30-2012
I give each family a newsletter of important dates, vac. days, etc.. and if I know about vac. early, I will keep them in the contract month after month so they can remember them. I also have a monthly calendar on the door.
Countrygal 12:20 PM 07-31-2012
I use a newsletter about every other month, depending on what's going on. I had a blog, which worked EXTREMELY well for me, but not so well for the parents, I guess. I posted what we did each day, what we ate, told about field trips, cute things that happened, even posted pictures. Unfortunately the parents stopped reading it after about 2 weeks. If you have a lot of parents that are very electronically connected, I think a blog or even tweets would work really well.
DaisyMamma 03:23 PM 07-31-2012
Text message unless it requires too much info
daycarediva 04:08 PM 07-31-2012
I have a facebook, send home newsletters monthly and am just starting a website with a password protected blog and photo album. If they don't know what's going on after all that, they're hopeless!
Crazy8 04:13 PM 07-31-2012
I use facebook for everything now. I have an account just for daycare parents.
Annalee 06:28 PM 07-31-2012
I give monthly newsletters with calendars to remind parents about upcoming events or closings. I also place a sign on the door two weeks ahead and send a text out a few days before. Amazingly enough, I actually still have parents show up!
Truly Scrumptious 06:38 PM 07-31-2012
I give out a "Dates to Remember" for the year before our curriculum begins every September. I also give parents a monthly calendar with closings and special days and I will hang up a note above the sign in table, close to date reminding them.
Reply Up