Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Quick!!!
Breezy 05:17 PM 08-02-2012
So DCM of my Screamer let me know just now they are moving her to a part time spot at work so she will need less DC and all on weekends. I am not willing to do all weekends after working all week! Especially not for my Screamer. She said to let her know what i want to do and if I can accomodate or if she needs to make other arrangements.

So if I say no I can not accommodate the weekends is it ME terming care or HER terming care?

Per my contract I require a two weeks notice or two weeks pay but if it is ME terming she shouldn't really need to pay it unless she uses it, right? If its her terming she will have to pay it or use It.
Crazy8 05:50 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
So DCM of my Screamer let me know just now they are moving her to a part time spot at work so she will need less DC and all on weekends. I am not willing to do all weekends after working all week! Especially not for my Screamer. She said to let her know what i want to do and if I can accomodate or if she needs to make other arrangements.

So if I say no I can not accommodate the weekends is it ME terming care or HER terming care?

Per my contract I require a two weeks notice or two weeks pay but if it is ME terming she shouldn't really need to pay it unless she uses it, right? If its her terming she will have to pay it or use It.
is there anything in your contract about making changes? I know I have a little blurb about changes being approved, so if I don't agree to the changes then THEY are the ones terminating if they can't keep their current contract terms. So I'd say it's them terming and she is required to give the 2 weeks notice if they are leaving entirely.
daycare 06:02 PM 08-02-2012

you telling her no that you cannot accommodate her schedule is not you saying you are terming her. If you tell her your schedule and it does not work for her any longer then she needs to decide if it will work for her or not. She still needs to give you notice
countrymom 06:41 PM 08-02-2012
get rid of her. Who wants to work every single weekend watching someone elses kid, heck I have enough of my own kids. I would nicely write up a note stating that you are unable to accomadate her new schedual. And if your willing to do it, then you need to charge her a hefty amount, weekend work is a killer.
cheerfuldom 06:27 AM 08-03-2012
just get rid of her already! tell her no weekends and then have her give you a date for the last week of care that is at least two weeks from now, for the notice, and thats assuming you even want to care for her for two more weeks.
Breezy 07:16 AM 08-03-2012
I did it!!!!!! And now she is ignoring me. I haven't heard from her!!
Truly Scrumptious 07:24 AM 08-03-2012
Yea...funny how some people always want their way about everything.
Heidi 07:33 AM 08-03-2012
see how quiet it is already??????
Breezy 08:03 AM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
see how quiet it is already??????
LOL!!!!!! that made my day!
countrymom 10:55 AM 08-03-2012
good for you. You'll notice how much happier everyone is too. What did this mom think, that you were going to give up your life while she went to work and I'm sorry but I find it odd that she has to work so many weird hours. I know alot of managers and workers in retail and they have somewhat normal scheduals.
Reply Up