Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>6 Month Old Distraught, All Day, Every Day
Unregistered 02:47 PM 01-26-2020
I've had this little girl since she was 3 months old, and I just don't know what to do with her. She screams constantly, and almost nothing soothes her. My center has a policy that says she can't be dropped off while she's crying, so mom spends 10-15 minutes every morning trying to get her calmed down enough to drop off. Dad's told me that the police have been called by neighbors that thought something terrible was happening to her because of the noise.

I have some guesses as to what's going on but nothing completely fits. I think part of it is gas because she's very tight/clenched at times, but none of my usual tricks have worked and she doesn't seem to feel better when it passes.

I'm sure she's tired too, but it takes 30-45 minutes to rock her out and she only stays down for 20-30 minutes. She really doesn't seem to have any ability to self-soothe.

She's so sweet in the rare moments where she's happy, but I'm at my wit's end. If it were up to me, I think I'd have to term her, but it's obviously not, lol. Anyone have any ideas?
Ariana 04:12 PM 01-26-2020
What does her Dr say? Not sure why this is your problem! I would just keep bringing it back on the parents to figure it out. Seems odd that the police were called and nothing was really done.

In my experience lack of sleep is usually the culprit for all day miserableness.
rosieteddy 07:02 PM 01-26-2020
She could be allergic to her formula.Even breast milk can turn.I had a sibling like that and we figured it out to be the breast milk turned when expressed and bottled.She went on formula with me and mom nursed her morning and night.
Leigh 06:28 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
She could be allergic to her formula.Even breast milk can turn.I had a sibling like that and we figured it out to be the breast milk turned when expressed and bottled.She went on formula with me and mom nursed her morning and night.
Absolutely this! The first thing I always suggest is trying SOY formula. I've seen so many fight through 6 or 8 formulas, only to end up on soy. And it has cured EVERY child that I have had in daycare or foster care who had that screaming or had been diagnosed with colic.
Ac114 04:47 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Absolutely this! The first thing I always suggest is trying SOY formula. I've seen so many fight through 6 or 8 formulas, only to end up on soy. And it has cured EVERY child that I have had in daycare or foster care who had that screaming or had been diagnosed with colic.
Yes!! My 2 older boys were breastfed for the first 6 weeks then switched to formula. Both had to have soy. Then my last I exclusively breastfed but could not eat dairy. It made her reflux really really bad and once I cut it out, it helped out a ton! I always suggest soy formula.
Tags:6 month old, allergies - formula, colic, crying - all day, crying - every day, rage baby
Reply Up