Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Daycare.com Senior Member

Default Is This Normal?

I have a 5 mo old dcg who used to take 2 naps per day, generally any where from 2 -2 1/2 hrs for both naps. Then last monday she started taking 1 4 - 4 1/2 hour nap. then she'll just take a cat nap like 30 min a few hours after that, is that normal? Since doing this she has been sleeping through the night most of those nights. It just seems like a very long nap.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Personally, I would enjoy it while it lasts
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 PM

While I wouldn't say it is strictly normal, I also wouldn't say that it's abnormal. It sounds like she's still sleeping the same amount while at your house. If her parents are fine with it, I wouldn't try to change it--there's a good chance that she'll change up her nap schedule in a month or two anyway, babies that age often do. In the meantime, enjoy your LOOOONG break!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have had little ones to sleep that long. They are usually a little older but each child is different. I would enjoy it while it last, especially if it is during the noon nap with everyone else.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Daycare.com Senior Member

It has been nice, but she isn't a fussy baby either so it wasn't a problem the other way, kind of in a way I liked it the other way because she would sleep for part of the other kids quiet/nap time, this way she wakes up about 1/2 hr after they start. So I dont' really get a break, kind of since she doesn't crawl yet but not a total full break. oh well, I just haven't heard of a baby doing that.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I had one that would nap anywhere from 3-5 hrs! She is now almost 3 and still naps a good solid 2 hrs.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

My son is 8 months old and he is a terrible napper during the day in the am he goes down at 10 he normally will sleep two hours but for his afternoon nap he will sleep like 15 minutes to an hour and a half that is it then he will be up till he goes to sleep at 7 30
Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Celebrating Daily!

I would wake her up if she was oversleeping like that so that she could sleep with the other kids for her second nap.

Tags
nap times, napping