Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default What The What?

DCD (non custodial) came to drop off DCB an hour late. (My husband was on curb with the SA kids, I was in the bathroom while little ones were asleep.) DCD stormed outta here & pulled away, burning rubber. I get a text from DCM mad cause she had to leave work. I told her what happened & mentioned he came unexpectedly. She cap locked me, "YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL HE CAME BACK INSIDE!!!"

Seriously?!?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Wait, what's the issue? I'm sorry, maybe I'm not reading it right.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Huh? I don't understand. Why was the DCD mad? Did he drop off the child? Why did DCM have to leave work?

Why couldn't DCD drop off DCK with your DH? Or why couldn't he have just waited for you to be done in the bathroom?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

Why was dcd mad? Did he drop off dck or did he take him with him?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Matilda Jane Addict

I'm confused too..please elaborate.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Advanced Daycare Member

I'm guessing he drove off thinking you were unavailable? Weird that he wouldn't at least try to speak with your husband & inquire where you were.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Blessed

DCM, perhaps you are not aware but using all Caps is equivalent to shouting. I will not tolerate being shouted at in any manner. I understand you were frustrated, but if you have an issue please call and discuss it with me calmly.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

We're supposed to be super-human, and should never need to use the restroom?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme View Post
DCD (non custodial) came to drop off DCB an hour late. (My husband was on curb with the SA kids, I was in the bathroom while little ones were asleep.) DCD stormed outta here & pulled away, burning rubber. I get a text from DCM mad cause she had to leave work. I told her what happened & mentioned he came unexpectedly. She cap locked me, "YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL HE CAME BACK INSIDE!!!"

Seriously?!?
DCM was a no show & did not reply to my text asking if DCB was coming. DCD does not have custody & I did not know he was coming. I heard him from the bathroom saying, "This is ridiculous!" He left & did not leave DCB. My husband tried to talk to him as he was leaving, but he got in his vehicle with DCB & left. DCM was told nobody was here & he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult. When I told her I was just in the restroom, that is when she cap locked me.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
DCM was a no show & did not reply to my text asking if DCB was coming. DCD does not have custody & I did not know he was coming. I heard him from the bathroom saying, "This is ridiculous!" He left & did not leave DCB. My husband tried to talk to him as he was leaving, but he got in his vehicle with DCB & left. DCM was told nobody was here & he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult. When I told her I was just in the restroom, that is when she cap locked me.
TERM! That's ridiculous that you aren't allowed to use the restroom - in your own home - when you need to go. Then the storming off and burning rubber... he could have killed someone driving like that.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I see now. Yeah,eff that.

Term immediately if you are able.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreek View Post

I agree!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Group DCP in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
TERM! That's ridiculous that you aren't allowed to use the restroom - in your own home - when you need to go. Then the storming off and burning rubber... he could have killed someone driving like that.
Exactly!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

I replied to her cap lock, "Do you have someone come over when you use the restroom?" She texted back, "THAT'S DIFFERENT. I'M A MOM." (again with the cap locks)

I am writing up the term letter at nap time. I do need to fill all these parents I have termed recently.., UGH!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I replied to her cap lock, "Do you have someone come over when you use the restroom?" She texted back, "THAT'S DIFFERENT. I'M A MOM." (again with the cap locks)

I am writing up the term letter at nap time. I do need to fill all these parents I have termed recently.., UGH!
And what does she think you are? Does she seriously expect you to not use the restroom during daycare hours??! What the heck is wrong with people?!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

Unfreakinbelievable!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

WHAT? UNBELIEVABLE! I have no words....
Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile

Quote:

~I'm sorry, but I'm still not sure if I understand what happened correctly. You were in the bathroom but your husband was there, right? Did DCD not see your husband on the curb with the SA kids or see him when he tried to talk to him?

..And then DCD told DCM that there was no one there and that he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult? To me, by DCD saying "he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult", it seems as if he is almost implying that he saw the children and believed that no one/no adult was there supervising them. So, if he saw kids and no adults then why did he leave or why would he leave? If that is the case, then that right there in itself would be enough to make me question DCD's story/version of events if I were DCM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

TERM.

completely unacceptable behavior. IF he didn't see you, he DID see your dh and said NOTHING to him?

And I would love to meet the superhuman woman who can run on 5 hours of sleep, work for 12+ hours and NOT use the restroom.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:37 AM
New Daycare.com Member

So she wanted for you to wait for your husband to come back in from the curb before it would be okay for you to go to the bathroom? Wow. Yeah, I'd term immediately too. I answer the call of nature when I need to.

If it makes you feel better, try to picture her answering the next daycare provider's question of why she is searching for new care "Well...my kid was dropped off unexpectedly an hour late, and she had the audacity to go to the bathroom and was unavailable to answer the door. There was another suitable adult on the premises that my ex could have left him with, but we thought it was better to make assumptions and yell at her via text. So she termed me! Can you believe her negligence?!" And hopefully that provider says a silent thank you to you and...NEXT.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie View Post
So she wanted for you to wait for your husband to come back in from the curb before it would be okay for you to go to the bathroom? Wow. Yeah, I'd term immediately too. I answer the call of nature when I need to.

If it makes you feel better, try to picture her answering the next daycare provider's question of why she is searching for new care "Well...my kid was dropped off unexpectedly an hour late, and she had the audacity to go to the bathroom and was unavailable to answer the door. There was another suitable adult on the premises that my ex could have left him with, but we thought it was better to make assumptions and yell at her via text. So she termed me! Can you believe her negligence?!" And hopefully that provider says a silent thank you to you and...NEXT.
Exactly! I wouldn't feel bad about terming this one at all!!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM

Don't be surprised if licensing shows up cause no way was this "their fault".
Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childminder View Post
Don't be surprised if licensing shows up cause no way was this "their fault".
....cause it's NEVER their fault! lol
Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

WOOWOWOOWOWOOWOOW..

The DCD could not call you to tell you he was on his way? What about that? Why didn't the parents inform you that there was going to be a change to his routine?

that's their fault, not yours....

They are acting like children, I would term just because of who they are choosing to handle this.

This could have gone so differently if they had any respect for you, it's obvious that they don't. Like maybe dad could have been a normal person and called you when you didn't answer the door????? Or could have called the mom and told her to call you????

sorry you are dealing with this..
Old 10-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
WOOWOWOOWOWOOWOOW..

The DCD could not call you to tell you he was on his way? What about that? Why didn't the parents inform you that there was going to be a change to his routine?

that's their fault, not yours....

They are acting like children, I would term just because of who they are choosing to handle this.

This could have gone so differently if they had any respect for you, it's obvious that they don't. Like maybe dad could have been a normal person and called you when you didn't answer the door????? Or could have called the mom and told her to call you????

sorry you are dealing with this..
DCD came inside. I heard the outdoor motion sensor & the bell on the door & thought it was DCH. Well..., until I heard a strange man's voice say, "This is ridiculous!" I sort of freaked & hurried up my business. DCH had to fill me in. I've only met the man once months ago & he is on the pick up list. He is non custodial too. Nobody told me DCD was coming. DCM didn't answered my text inquiring if DCB was coming.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

They gotta GO!!!

And please lock your door...moving forward.

some people are just...ugh!!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Any update on this today?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:06 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreek View Post

Old 10-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWonders View Post
Any update on this today?
I curious to know if anyone has said anything about it today as well ????
Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

I gave her a term letter & she started yelling in front of another parent, "What am I suppose to do with this crap?!" I calmly told her to take the two weeks to find alternative care. She replied, "You can screw yourself & your two weeks!!" She left. I turned to the other parent & said, "I think she is mad." We giggled.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I gave her a term letter & she started yelling in front of another parent, "What am I suppose to do with this crap?!" I calmly told her to take the two weeks to find alternative care. She replied, "You can screw yourself & your two weeks!!" She left. I turned to the other parent & said, "I think she is mad." We giggled.

Oh wow, do you think she freaked out so bad because she had an audience? What a rudey Judy!

Glad you are rid of her!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I'm proud of you for terming!! I probably wouldn't have been so nice to offer a 2 week notice though.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Did she say anything at all about yesterday?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

LOL the person she should be yelling at is herself and the DCD. I'd say your much better off without them!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Family Childcare Provider

What a jerky!! She was probably hoping that by making a big scene in front of another parent she would get them nervous about your care or something. What a crazy b!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
What a jerky!! She was probably hoping that by making a big scene in front of another parent she would get them nervous about your care or something. What a crazy b!
Today I got a visit from the state inspector. She made a bogus report.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Are you still watching the DCK for 2 weeks?? With her yelling this morning and now a bogus report, there is just no way I would be able to do that...I would be fuming!

Tags
drop off issues, parents - are clueless, parents - ask too much, termination disrespectful