Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 AM
hope's Avatar
hope hope is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,520
Default Thank you

Thank you Michael for giving me Coworkers at a very lonely job. Thank you Black cat for being a voice of reason when we have had a long day. Thank you Nannyde for giving the babies we care for a voice when we didn't know what they need. Thank you to each member who has shared their stories of break ups, health problems and mommy quilt. Thank you to those members that offer their wisdom, teach us patience and give us strength to help raise these Lil ones we love so much. I am grateful to have this site to talk with my "coworkers" each day and share my memories and hardships. No one else would have me listening to toilet sounds on you tube with my DH!!!!
I can't say it enough, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,247
Default

You are welcome
__________________
Michael Castello
http://www.ccin.com/about.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2014, 05:54 AM
Shell's Avatar
Shell Shell is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
Thank you Michael for giving me Coworkers at a very lonely job. Thank you Black cat for being a voice of reason when we have had a long day. Thank you Nannyde for giving the babies we care for a voice when we didn't know what they need. Thank you to each member who has shared their stories of break ups, health problems and mommy quilt. Thank you to those members that offer their wisdom, teach us patience and give us strength to help raise these Lil ones we love so much. I am grateful to have this site to talk with my "coworkers" each day and share my memories and hardships. No one else would have me listening to toilet sounds on you tube with my DH!!!!
I can't say it enough, thank you!
Awesome post, and so very true!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 AM
KiddieCahoots's Avatar
KiddieCahoots KiddieCahoots is offline
FCC Educator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
Thank you Michael for giving me Coworkers at a very lonely job. Thank you Black cat for being a voice of reason when we have had a long day. Thank you Nannyde for giving the babies we care for a voice when we didn't know what they need. Thank you to each member who has shared their stories of break ups, health problems and mommy quilt. Thank you to those members that offer their wisdom, teach us patience and give us strength to help raise these Lil ones we love so much. I am grateful to have this site to talk with my "coworkers" each day and share my memories and hardships. No one else would have me listening to toilet sounds on you tube with my DH!!!!
I can't say it enough, thank you!
And thank you hope!
For posting exactly how many of us feel in such a warm and caring way.
.....................
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 AM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots View Post
And thank you hope!
For posting exactly how many of us feel in such a warm and caring way.
.....................
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
Thank you Michael for giving me Coworkers at a very lonely job. Thank you Black cat for being a voice of reason when we have had a long day. Thank you Nannyde for giving the babies we care for a voice when we didn't know what they need. Thank you to each member who has shared their stories of break ups, health problems and mommy quilt. Thank you to those members that offer their wisdom, teach us patience and give us strength to help raise these Lil ones we love so much. I am grateful to have this site to talk with my "coworkers" each day and share my memories and hardships. No one else would have me listening to toilet sounds on you tube with my DH!!!!
I can't say it enough, thank you!
Thank you!

I passionately care about this forum and it's members too.

I am forever indebted to the vast amount of knowledge and information I have found here.

The support and friendship is like frosting on a cake. (for me, the BEST part.)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:22 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,292
Default

Awwwwwww

Thank you! Very sweet.

I love our family here. I love daycare.com. I wish I was Michael's heir apparent so I could inherit daycare.com... but no he had to have a slew of kids ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Second Home's Avatar
Second Home Second Home is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,522
Default

l
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Meeko's Avatar
Meeko Meeko is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,162
Default

Aww...what a great post! I love it here too
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:23 AM
LadyK8's Avatar
LadyK8 LadyK8 is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Delaware
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots View Post
And thank you hope!
For posting exactly how many of us feel in such a warm and caring way.
.....................
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:40 AM
mia's Avatar
mia mia is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 270
Default

Thank you Hope

Could not have said it any better....

I know I do not say much or comment that often. I really love this site / Forum and all the members who help with everyday issues good or bad.....

You ladies and Gentleman are amazing......

Thank you all
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Curious
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You guys know he's not doing this for free, right? He probably get paid through Adsense.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
You guys know he's not doing this for free, right? He probably get paid through Adsense.
So?

WE don't have to pay so why would anyone care?

Why would anyone think differently?

Why do YOU care?

It's not some big dark secret... it costs money to own and operate anything.

Providing it to us free is all that matters. If he gets paid for doing so, that's great! Why shouldn't he?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
So?

WE don't have to pay so why would anyone care?

Why would anyone think differently?

Why do YOU care?

It's not some big dark secret... it costs money to own and operate anything.

Providing it to us free is all that matters. If he gets paid for doing so, that's great! Why shouldn't he?
If he's one of you, why doesn't he reveal what he makes? Almost every poster has revealed their salary? He posts on topics here, besides modding. Why is the money he make here a secret? Why is he hiding the amount? I guess he's above us and doesn't want to share his income like you guys do.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
You guys know he's not doing this for free, right? He probably get paid through Adsense.
Party pooper!

Running & maintaining the site isn't free either. I HOPE he makes a profit.



Great thread, op! This can be a very isolating field. I love having a sounding board, where people that have been there/done that and not only understand, but are able to give us an outside perspective and helpful advice. It's a very cool group of women!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Also, I was BANNED for asking about his salary. I just happen to be at an internet cafe. It is a big secret. Really think who is one of you and who isn't. HINT HINT: It might not be the banned members...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:57 AM
CraftyMom's Avatar
CraftyMom CraftyMom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,277
Default

Thank you to everyone on here for making my every day with the kids more enjoyable, for giving me a place to vent, find answers and comradery among many many other things!

I would assume Michael gets paid, I don't think anyone expects him to this for nothing! But WE have free access which we appreciate
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMom View Post
Thank you to everyone on here for making my every day with the kids more enjoyable, for giving me a place to vent, find answers and comradery among many many other things!

I would assume Michael gets paid, I don't think anyone expects him to this for nothing! But WE have free access which we appreciate
Most forums are free. Are you guys regularly paying to be a part of forums?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 AM
CraftyMom's Avatar
CraftyMom CraftyMom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Also, I was BANNED for asking about his salary. I just happen to be at an internet cafe. It is a big secret. Really think who is one of you and who isn't. HINT HINT: It might not be the banned members...
Oh for goodness sake! WE DON'T CARE!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Also, I was BANNED for asking about his salary. I just happen to be at an internet cafe. It is a big secret. Really think who is one of you and who isn't. HINT HINT: It might not be the banned members...
You were not banned for asking a question.

You were banned for stirring the pot.

Like Diva said NO ONE CARES...except you apparently.

Who is one of you and who isn't... sounds like a Dr Seuss story...

I don't care if he makes millions of dollars off this place!

What users gain is priceless.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If he's one of you, why doesn't he reveal what he makes? Almost every poster has revealed their salary? He posts on topics here, besides modding. Why is the money he make here a secret? Why is he hiding the amount? I guess he's above us and doesn't want to share his income like you guys do.
The last big paycheck he made was posted here.

I believe it was around 3.1 million dollars.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm

...and again, your point is what?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
You were not banned for asking a question.

You were banned for stirring the pot.

Like Diva said NO ONE CARES...except you apparently.

Who is one of you and who isn't... sounds like a Dr Seuss story...

I don't care if he makes millions of dollars off this place!

What users gain is priceless.
These pot-stirrers are on the prowl! Thanks to you all on the front-lines keeping the forum safe.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
These pot-stirrers are on the prowl! Thanks to you all on the front-lines keeping the forum safe.
It's QOP again, Annalee...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
It's QOP again, Annalee...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
craftymissbeth's Avatar
craftymissbeth craftymissbeth is offline
Legally Unlicensed
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
It's QOP again, Annalee...
Aw, she really loves us

I agree with everyone else... I love it here. I wouldnt have a clue without all of you.

P.S. I'm not interested in any real numbers, but I hope Michael is getting filthy rich off of us
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth View Post
Aw, she really loves us

I agree with everyone else... I love it here. I wouldnt have a clue without all of you.

P.S. I'm not interested in any real numbers, but I hope Michael is getting filthy rich off of us


Yep...he earned it! He's the poster child for the American Dream. If you're clever enough and work hard enough, you can achieve your goals. We can't all be that clever, but why would we begrudge someone who is?

On the flip side of that coin, there are people who have nothing better to do than torment others. They enjoy it. They go to the trouble of leaving their home to go to an internet cafe just to torment others and to "prove" that they are smarter than everyone else. Wow, just imagine if all that energy was put to GOOD use. That person could be, oh, I don't know...filthy rich, maybe?

I worry about someone like that working with young children, honestly. There seems to be a sadistic streak running through that person.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,347
Default

Queen of the playground, aka drama queen. I typically stay out of drama, as these ladies can attest to but in this case---- you need a life.


Michael- NICE PICTURES of you, I had no idea you were in a hair band!


I don't begrudge someone making money from something I enjoy. As I said, I HOPE he makes a salary. He owns the site, it's not obnoxiously loaded with ads (like FACEBOOK anyone? ugh). GOOD FOR HIM, living the American dream.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Leanna's Avatar
Leanna Leanna is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York State
Posts: 503
Default

Dear Michael,
I hope you make lots and lots of money from this forum and whatever else you do.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:19 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
You guys know he's not doing this for free, right? He probably get paid through Adsense.
Who said he's doing it for free? Why the heck should he? I hope he makes a billion a year from this site.

He had the foresight to buy into the dot com biz when it was a baby. He was smart enough to pick this domain name and HE built it out. He pays for it. He monitors it. He fixes it.

We get a great forum for free. It's a great deal for us. Be thankful
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Leanna's Avatar
Leanna Leanna is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York State
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
The last big paycheck he made was posted here.

I believe it was around 3.1 million dollars.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm

...and again, your point is what?
I just read that story. I had no idea about Michael's background. Wow! Good for you! I think that is truly a remarkable story.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM
KiddieCahoots's Avatar
KiddieCahoots KiddieCahoots is offline
FCC Educator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
The last big paycheck he made was posted here.

I believe it was around 3.1 million dollars.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm

...and again, your point is what?
........

Thank you Bc!

That is such an awesome article!

I'm already so happy to be a part of this forum whether Michael gets paid for it or not, (which I would rather he did!), after reading that article, I feel honored to be here too.

Way to go Michael!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:59 AM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

What is wrong with people? Who cares what he makes (a lot I hope)? Providers on here have the choice whether or not they want to post financial info., it's not like anyone is forcing us to do so. I don't understand why that person is getting so angry and why they care.?

Great post hope! I too have come to love this forum and the people in it! I have learned so much and gotten so much great advice on here and am grateful for this forum! I honestly wouldn't be where I am now without it.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-13-2014, 12:13 PM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is offline
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,200
Default

For one thing we share what we make with each other because we want to and because someone asks, as in another member. Those that don't want to share that info don't and Michael has never asked any one of us how much we make.

On another note, if this forum makes you so grumpy heave off. Why do you keep coming back. You're that mean kid on the playground that the other kids tolerated for a time but as soon as all the kids got tired of playing nice with you because of your mean streak and you got kicked out of school here you go coming back just to cause more problems.

And I don't even care if you've already been blocked again for the THIRD time, I know you're going to find another way to get back on just so that you can cause more drama in your desperate need for attention. You're not fooling anyone. We already know it's you.

This works with my 3 year olds. Hopefully it'll work with you.
__________________
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 PM
KidGrind's Avatar
KidGrind KidGrind is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Red, White & Blue
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If he's one of you, why doesn't he reveal what he makes? Almost every poster has revealed their salary? He posts on topics here, besides modding. Why is the money he make here a secret? Why is he hiding the amount? I guess he's above us and doesn't want to share his income like you guys do.
What Michael makes is his business. What I make is my business. I CHOOSE to share that information or not. He has the same choice. He owes me absolutely nothing including information regarding his income.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-13-2014, 01:16 PM
preschoolteacher's Avatar
preschoolteacher preschoolteacher is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 910
Default

This forum is the greatest. I'm feeling the love here from you all! Dang, it seems we've just been brought closer together by all this drama. Thanks to the pot-stirrer who made it possible! All I'm getting from this now is more and more respect and appreciation for my mature, level-headed, kind coworkers here on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,027
Default

Wow, this particular pot-stirrer is on some kind of an attention craving I'm-better-than-everyone-of-you kind of a trip.

We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a big draw for us. I didn't come for any reason but seeking advice, wisdom, support, laughter, and the ability to commiserate. On top of all that, I found caring people, experienced people, people willing to help one another, respectful people, people with a sense of humor. From all the child care forums I've ever been on this is by far the best of it's kind. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon and if I ever do leave, it certainly won't be because Michael is making oodles of money here. All the more power to him, as long as he keeps supplying us with our water cooler. I'm sure he works extremely hard to keep us happy. Probably not sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soaps like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Wow, this particular pot-stirrer is on some kind of an attention craving I'm-better-than-everyone-of-you kind of a trip.

We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a big draw for us. I didn't come for any reason but seeking advice, wisdom, support, laughter, and the ability to commiserate. On top of all that, I found caring people, experienced people, people willing to help one another, respectful people, people with a sense of humor. From all the child care forums I've ever been on this is by far the best of it's kind. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon and if I ever do leave, it certainly won't be because Michael is making oodles of money here. All the more power to him, as long as he keeps supplying us with our water cooler. I'm sure he works extremely hard to keep us happy. Probably not sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soaps like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
daycare.com, thankful

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming