Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>But It's My Birthday...Whine
MotherNature 05:06 AM 03-04-2013
So, DCM told me last week she was going to call in today to keep my charges down. (I'm going to start charging a flat rate no matter if she's here or not after she pays in full.) She's been having financial problems & I told her a couple months ago, she could skip paying me for 2 weeks & on the 3rd week, pay for that week & put a bit towards the balance to catch up. Needless to say, she hasn't even been making the principal some weeks & says she's going to pay me off with taxes, which is why I haven't already termed her. That & I don't have another kid in here yet. As soon as I get another kid, she's gone. (I'm sick of her crap & am growing a backbone. I've learned a lot of what NOT to do in the 6 months I've been taking care of her kid through reading here & experiencing her. I will demand payment in advance, for one.) Anyway, I digress. She called in 3 times LAST week, so I texted her last night to see if she was coming today. I tell her Monday is my birthday, so if she's not going to be here, I'm going to go out & maybe have a couple drinks, stay up late or something. She says yes, she'll be here. I'm not sad about no wine & we go out to dinner & my husband makes me cupcakes. So this morning, I get up, b/c today she'll be dropping off right after I open at 7. We cosleep, so my 2 year old also wakes up when I get out of bed. We go downstairs & I change him & let the dog out. She texts me at 7:28: I guess we're staying home today. Haha!

What??? I could've slept in! To top it off, as I look at my TV there's a dollar sized pitch black mark on the bottom of the screen. My child sprayed it w/ homemade wipe spray. I don't know what happened. Apparently there's a sensor there & it leaked through? It wasn't much water & I wiped it immediately. I feel like crying. I don't have money to replace the TV.
Springdaze 06:00 AM 03-04-2013
That stinks! but at least you are up early and have the whole day to celebrate!!!!!!
Mom&Provider 07:16 AM 03-04-2013
Its nice to have your Birthday off, but this parent needs to be charged for the day, period. Not sure what your contract says, but to tell you she will be coming, then text to say never mind the day of is in no way acceptable. I would be very angry if parents did this to me, especially if I had previously asked!!

You need to make clear to this DCM that you cannot offer care on her terms and she must provide you with a schedule in advance and pay for those days regardless of their attendance. Now is the time to get this sorted, allowing her to take advanage of you like this is not showing a backbone and opening up the door for this is become the norm!

Happy Birthday, hope you have a fun day!
NeedaVaca 07:52 AM 03-04-2013
You should really sit this mom down, get something in writing about payment or I am very afraid you will end up working for free & never recoup that money. You need to give her a specific amount to pay each week to get caught up and don't feel bad, it's her responsibility to pay her daycare bill.

Happy Birthday, hope you enjoy your day off
LittleD 01:38 PM 03-04-2013
"I guess since you didn't give me proper notice you are still paying for the day! Haha."
Reply Up