Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>March Break
LittleD 03:36 PM 03-04-2013
So we have March Break next week, and I just realized I am going to have a mad house!! Help me figure out what I can do!!

I will have 3 SA boys and 3 toddlers. The mix is not good because there is only one girl (toddler). The boys feed off each others ************ The snow here is higher then the little ones shoulders, we've had tons here and couldn't shovel fast enough to clear much space. So outside time is limited for them as they can't really do anything.

Indoors is small and no room for running.

What activities/ theme days can we do to keep us all from going bonkers? I have a 10 hr day and am a little afraid I am going to lose my sanity!

TYIA!!
LittleD 03:37 PM 03-04-2013
LOL the stars refer to a male hormone!
daycarediva 03:58 PM 03-04-2013
bahahahaha @ male hormone.

make their own pizza, it takes a good 1-2 hours to prep the dough, let it rise, then time to make their own little pizzas. This keeps us occupied from 9am-lunch.

I give my SA dcb and my own sa son a bunch of cars, little houses (or cardboard boxes and arts supplies) and blue painters tape and have them build a city. It keeps them occupied for hours.

make slime/gak

make playdoh

make a marble run

I would still send the sa kids outside!
LittleD 06:18 AM 03-05-2013
I'm going to have them go outside, but I don't think they can go out without me, which will have to be nap time.

Thanks for some ideas, if anyone else has some I'd love to hear them! I'm hoping to keep them all together and working as a group as opposed to having to separate the bigs from the littles!
LittleD 10:23 AM 03-05-2013
Ok, Monday is starting to form!
Since Mondays are horrible, it will be PJ and Teddy day. We will wear our jammies, & bring a small teddy.
We will make houses for our teddies with small boxes and have a teddy bear picnic at lunch. Read teddy bear themed stories.

1 day down, 4 more to go, LOL!
VTMom 11:07 AM 03-05-2013
Today is the last day of our week and a half vacation! We survived!

Things we did (although I'm spacing out on a lot of last week), is made birdseed ornaments (google it for directions), planted sunflowers, bead necklaces, and constant access to markers, crayons and paper. We had Dr Seuss day one day, diversity another and going outside as much as possible. During nap time, I let the non-nappers (kindergarten age mostly) play on the website Starfall. A lot of times we ran out of time!

This month is great for activities. St Patrick's day and Easter - double whammy! You could run with that. I'm not sure if you've checked out Pinterest yet, but you could enter "kids crafts" in the search field and start salivating.

Just some ideas!
Reply Up