Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Incentives
Danielle 06:10 AM 03-28-2011
Do you offer any incentives to new parents when you really need to fill a spot?

I REALLY need to fill a spot. I currently only have a part timer who is moving in a couple weeks. I was thinking of offering free care for one evening (parent date night) after they've been here a couple weeks. Is this a good idea? Or does it make me sound desperate?
Meyou 06:40 AM 03-28-2011
To be honest if I read an ad with an incentive I would think they needed the money and be leary as a parent. I regularly read the childcare kijiji ads for my area and there are ladies with "sales" all the time on their prices. It really turns me off reading their ads. Just my personal opinion.
dEHmom 06:41 AM 03-28-2011
i think there are a lot of providers that give a free date night. I don't have many evenings to myself, so personally i wouldn't do the free date night, but I might offer a 20 discount for the month or something.
Lianne 07:00 AM 03-28-2011
I offer a free evening (4 hours) of care to all friends, family and clients who refer a stable new client to me. The new client has to be in care for a month (four paid weeks) before the free care is honoured. It's an incentive to people I know to refer others although, while I do get lots of referrals, they don't usually come because of my free care incentive. Most clients/friends refer others to me because they like the care I provide. My free care incentive is just an added bonus.

ETA: If the person refering a new client has no use of my free care incentive, they are welcome to gift the free care to someone else if they'd like.
daycare 12:15 PM 03-28-2011
I offer a free date night out for 4.5 hours to all of my dcf every month. It is usually on a Friday night. Sometimes I have to do week night. I really enjoy it, because it's a carefree good time. We are usually so structed and have class, so this is 100% free play fun...and maybe even a movie, which never happens at DC.

I belive that parents need to keep their marriage alive and have a date night. A lot of my families don't have anyone else but me to help with thier kids. Happy parents=happy kids.....
Also, it's for all of the kids in your family, even if they do not attend.

and just to clear things up, it's not just for married couples, it's for anyone who is enrolled in my daycare that is a paying parent. F/T or P/T
Abigail 01:30 PM 03-28-2011
How long have you been in business? How many spots do you have to fill? Do you think you're price or location has an effect on your current outlook?
Danielle 05:29 PM 03-28-2011
This is my 3rd year in business. I'd be happy with 2-3 full timers. I think I'm on the upper end of the norm here. I charge $125/week (meals and curriculum included) and I am always seeing listings on craigslist for half that. I think my location is great...right off the interstate at the border of 2 cities..
Tags:incentive, new family
Reply Up