Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How often do your clients pay
Weekly 34 60.71%
Monthly 10 17.86%
Another option - please explain. 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weekly vs. Monthly - a Poll
Msdunny 07:37 AM 11-05-2013
Hi all! I am thinking of switching my payment plan from weekly (paid after care) to monthly. Can you answer my poll as to how you charge, and tell me any pros and cons of your system?

Thanks so much!!
EchoMom 07:42 AM 11-05-2013
Weekly, paid Monday morning in advance. Some people pay with a check weekly. Other people chose to pay weekly or bi-weekly, and some pay through bank transfer/autopay.
LaLa1923 07:42 AM 11-05-2013
I get paid when my parents get paid. Some are paid every week, and some get paid monthly. As long as I get paid, I don't care when they pay me. I do get paid in ADVANCE though.
Blackcat31 07:46 AM 11-05-2013
I chose "Other".

I have parents choose from the following options:

Weekly (due by Friday 5 PM)
Bi-weekly (due every other Friday 5 PM)
Monthly (due every 4th Friday 5 PM)

I don't care which option they choose, just so long as once they choose one, they stick with it.

I personally don't have a preference as sometimes it IS nice to be paid weekly and other times, I like the monthly payments.
TwinKristi 07:47 AM 11-05-2013
I do monthly with an option of splitting it into 2 payments, I have a single mom who uses this option.
kathiemarie 07:51 AM 11-05-2013
I do it like BC but its due on Mondays. For the monthly payers they pay on the first Monday of the month.
ihop 07:53 AM 11-05-2013
I do weekly, paid the Friday before care. I have one parent who does 2 weeks at a time by choice.
sally 08:09 AM 11-05-2013
I get paid every other Monday.
Kimskiddos 08:17 AM 11-05-2013
I do monthly payments due on the 1st of each month, prior to care. Although I am flexible and have a few over the years that have paid weekly or bi-weekly. In advance of course.
Willow 08:58 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by sally:
I get paid every other Monday.
Same here.

For the previous two weeks care.
NeedaVaca 09:15 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Hi all! I am thinking of switching my payment plan from weekly (paid after care) to monthly. Can you answer my poll as to how you charge, and tell me any pros and cons of your system?

Thanks so much!!
Do you mean switching to being paid monthly AFTER care? I wouldn't do that. My families vary, some pay weekly, bi weekly or monthly but always in advance.
lovemykidstoo 09:20 AM 11-05-2013
I get paid bi-weekly. I do have one family with 2 kids here that pays me about 2-3 months in advance.
sharlan 09:23 AM 11-05-2013
I let the parents decide, as long as it is in advance.

DCP #1 pays monthly.
DCP #2 pays every two weeks.
DCP #3 pays weekly, late, and always has a $10 - $30 late fee every week.

New DCP coming in wants to pay every two weeks.
Msdunny 01:42 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Do you mean switching to being paid monthly AFTER care? I wouldn't do that. My families vary, some pay weekly, bi weekly or monthly but always in advance.
No, I would finish out November with everyone paying as usual, then on December 1st, payment would be due for December. I plan on sending invoices home by the 20th of each month letting them know what will be due for the next month, based on # of weeks in the month and/or vacation days I may take. For me, the idea of having the money come in at once (I only have 3 families) helps me make the payments that I make from my pay.
jenboo 01:46 PM 11-05-2013
weekly and they pay in advance
Maria2013 01:48 PM 11-05-2013
I voted "others" cause I get paid weekly, biweekly and monthly, it really makes no difference to be so long as I get paid on time I let the parents decide when they sign up
TwinKristi 01:52 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
No, I would finish out November with everyone paying as usual, then on December 1st, payment would be due for December. I plan on sending invoices home by the 20th of each month letting them know what will be due for the next month, based on # of weeks in the month and/or vacation days I may take. For me, the idea of having the money come in at once (I only have 3 families) helps me make the payments that I make from my pay.
Sounds reasonable. Is there anyone who you think this may upset?
providerandmomof4 02:51 PM 11-05-2013
Bi- weekly. I used to give the option of pre-pay weekly, but had to chase my payments around too much. Much easier bi- weekly.
originalkat 03:02 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I do monthly payments due on the 1st of each month, prior to care. Although I am flexible and have a few over the years that have paid weekly or bi-weekly. In advance of course.
Me too. I love monthly payments!I will never go back to weekly.
blessed mom 03:07 PM 11-05-2013
Most pay weekly, one pays monthly. Not sure how to answer that on your poll.
tjones34 04:07 PM 11-05-2013
I have one that pays monthly in advance,
2 that pay weekly in advance
And 1 POC

Oddly it works out.
butterfly 04:28 PM 11-05-2013
contract says I get paid weekly - Friday before care. However several parents prefer to pay when they get paid so some pay every 2 weeks, some monthly, but always in advance before care is provided.
KnoxMom 05:07 PM 11-05-2013
I charge a weekly rate that is due the Friday BEFORE care. I have one parent that pays two weeks at a time to match her payroll, but it is still paid in advance. I would NEVER even CONSIDER being paid after care. Two parents pay using my Square reader, one parent pays automatically through Minute Menu and one family still pays by check. I hope this helps!
JoseyJo 06:06 PM 11-05-2013
I just require that they pay in advance- they can pay by week, biweekly or by month, as long as it is in advance

We have 6 families enrolled right now 1 pays weekly, 1 pays biweekly, and 5 pay monthly
SSWonders 06:10 PM 11-05-2013
I usually get paid weekly but I have one family that pays 5 weeks at a time. A few years ago I had a family that paid the whole year in advance. They did that for several years.
melilley 06:12 PM 11-05-2013
I get paid weekly-either the Friday or Monday before care begins. One family sometimes pays bi weekly. My contract does say weekly, but it makes no difference to me as long as it's before care.
daycare 06:29 PM 11-05-2013
I am paid one month in advance monthly only.
LK5kids 04:02 AM 11-06-2013
Weekly. I would hate to be paid only once a month!
Rachel 05:20 AM 11-06-2013
Here the standard is monthly. I get paid on the 1st of the month for the month coming up (in advance). I really like it because there is less fighting over a vacation day or a sick day. It's all grouped together in a monthly payment, including if I have vacation during the month or if the child was sick.
Msdunny 06:38 AM 11-06-2013
Thanks for your answers! I have spoken with all my parents, and so far, this doesn't seem to be a hardship for anyone. One even said she would prefer doing it monthly. I told them if it was to become a hardship they could talk with me and we could work another arrangement out. two of my three families are teacher families, so they get paid once a month anyway.

I appreciate the help!!
WImom 08:55 AM 11-06-2013
My parents can choose between weekly, bi weekly or monthly. They just have to stick with what they choose. Most pay weekly.
Stepping 12:31 PM 11-06-2013
Most pay monthly but my part timers pay weekly. All pay in advance of care.

I like a mixture of pay dates. I use the monthly fees for big expenses or to cover my own bills and the weekly fees for grocery shopping and day to day expenses.
Tags:payment options, poll, polls
Reply Up