Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Most Embarrassing Thing Your Child Has Done ...
midaycare 08:13 AM 07-30-2014
So what's the most embarrassing thing your child has done in front of dcp's? Last week I had a dcb starting and on his first day my DS comes down in his pajamas as dcb and dcd are arriving. My DS let's go the biggest, wettest toot you have ever heard. And then he follows it up by not one, but TWO more that were each worse than the last one.

I was mortified.
Tdhmom 08:24 AM 07-30-2014
Yesterday while my only dck's are being picked up, I'm explaining how everyone had a pretty grouchy day and I was saying how I'm ready for school! My lovely son who's getting ready to enter kindergarten pipes up "I can't wait to not be around those twins all day"...he said it under his breath so I acted as though it was never said
BabyMonkeys 08:28 AM 07-30-2014
My husband is Puerto Rican. When my son was about 4, he asked "am I 1/2 Puerto Rican 1/2 human" to a room full of Puerto Ricans. Thankfully almost everyone was choking laughing. His 80 year old great grandfather not so much. He is 13 now and at every family get together someone brings that up.
midaycare 09:16 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
My husband is Puerto Rican. When my son was about 4, he asked "am I 1/2 Puerto Rican 1/2 human" to a room full of Puerto Ricans. Thankfully almost everyone was choking laughing. His 80 year old great grandfather not so much. He is 13 now and at every family get together someone brings that up.
Awe! I hope you told him he was 100% cute
midaycare 08:29 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Yesterday while my only dck's are being picked up, I'm explaining how everyone had a pretty grouchy day and I was saying how I'm ready for school! My lovely son who's getting ready to enter kindergarten pipes up "I can't wait to not be around those twins all day"...he said it under his breath so I acted as though it was never said
Oh my goodness, ha ha ha. I'm so glad he said it quietly. My DS is starting to feel that way, too. All the kids follow him around all day and it drives him nuts.
nothingwithoutjoy 08:31 AM 07-30-2014
Hit a girl when she was visiting with her mom to consider my program! I guess I handled it ok, because they took the spot, but oh, boy, was I mortified!
Cat Herder 08:59 AM 07-30-2014
Told a daycare parent he did not like their son because he (their kid) was a bully.

Lesson learned by DCP? Don't ask a kid a question you don't want to know the answer to. Kids tell it straight.
GKJNIGMN 09:17 AM 07-30-2014
My DS who was 3 at the time was always grabbing onto me and generally in my face when people arrived to pick up or drop off. At one pickup, he went to climb up on me and pulled my pants down so my behind was hanging out in front of a DCM. I still see her everyday but it is less awkward now.
midaycare 09:27 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Told a daycare parent he did not like their son because he (their kid) was a bully.

Lesson learned by DCP? Don't ask a kid a question you don't want to know the answer to. Kids tell it straight.
I would be giving him a secret high five in my head after that, lol.
Reply Up