Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding Fees
FCCProvider 10:21 AM 11-21-2011
How much do you charge for holding slots?

I have a DCK who will be leaving in Jan for 3 months to go stay with his father. Mom said when he returns she would like him to return to my care, and they would pay the holding fees if necessary. I'm just not sure what to charge her. I told her if I could find a temporary replacement, she would not have to pay, but no one has responded to my ads.
bice99 10:23 AM 11-21-2011
I have a separate contract. Half fees due on the first of each month (when all my fams pay). I will hold for 2 months, then full fees are due. One month notice is still due to cancel
daycare 10:27 AM 11-21-2011
I charge half the monthly fees to hold a spot and will only hold the spot for 8 weeks max.

After that its full time fees.

If I really loved the family and trusted that they would follow through, I would help do what is necessary to keep them.
wdmmom 10:29 AM 11-21-2011
I would require a 2 week deposit plus $50 a week. The 2 week deposit will be applied when DCB returns. If he doesn't return, all fees paid are non refundable.
FCCProvider 10:41 AM 11-21-2011
Thank you! I didn't expect to get replies so fast. I am 99.9% sure he will be returning. But there's always that chance something could happen, like dad decides to keep him longer or mom decides to start him in preschool (he will be 4 in Jan). I will be typing up a Holding contract. I think $50/ week with the 2 week deposit sounds reasonable to me. Thanks again!
daycare 10:44 AM 11-21-2011
wow just realized that you are in the UK..... I love Ireland...where abouts are you??
FCCProvider 11:33 AM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
wow just realized that you are in the UK..... I love Ireland...where abouts are you??
My husband is USAF and we are stationed in England. Been her 3 years and I still haven't made it up to Ireland. Maybe one day.
Abigail 01:36 PM 11-21-2011
How much does daycare cost in England? How many kids do you get to have on the base? Exciting someone from far away is on here too! Too bad we don't have a "chat" option on this forum. We would probably laugh at all our different accents when we talk. LOL. I love hearing other people talk, even if they're from the south. No offense to anyone either by any means! I talk like I'm from "the north".

By the way, I have a "Holding Fee Contract" also, but no fees are put towards when they come back. It's just a blank where I decide on the dollar amount and it's a weekly payment just like the regular contract.
bice99 01:38 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
How much does daycare cost in England? How many kids do you get to have on the base? Exciting someone from far away is on here too! Too bad we don't have a "chat" option on this forum. We would probably laugh at all our different accents when we talk. LOL. I love hearing other people talk, even if they're from the south. No offense to anyone either by any means! I talk like I'm from "the north".

By the way, I have a "Holding Fee Contract" also, but no fees are put towards when they come back. It's just a blank where I decide on the dollar amount and it's a weekly payment just like the regular contract.
My fees are just to hold the spot. I explain that I am losing out on $ while holding the spot. Nothing applies to future care and it's all non-refundable.
FCCProvider 03:56 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:

I'm not sure how much childcare costs on the economy. When I lived off base and wanted to start my home daycare, I was going to have to go through a whole mess of fees and classes to get started. So I just waited until we got offered to live in the Military housing to start my daycare again. I am licensed through the Air Force, they give me all my training and do my inspections and all that jazz. The max I can have is 6 at one time per Air Force Regulations. I've been here almost 3 years now and I don't have a British accent. :P I'm from Tennessee, so it's pretty southern. Just over a year and we will be stateside again! Thank the Lord!
Tags:holding spot - fee, holding spot policy
Reply Up