Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help On How To Answer Email...
NiNi.R. 09:05 AM 12-29-2011
I had someone contact me after looking at my facebook page! They are wanting a part time spot but I currently don't have openings until summer, as I told them, but was more than welcome to give the parents a tour now and show them what I have to offer as well has answered some technical questions about prices and such.

She emailed me back with:

"Thanks for the response. By the summer we may want him in full-time, but I don't want you to hold a spot for us if someone else needs it since we are not positive on our plans yet. We need to work out a few more details, but I'd really like to bring him to you. What would be your earliest date to take him?"

Here's my issue: I have a DCM that plans to move away this summer. Her husband is moving ahead of her for a job in early January and she will follow him this summer after the probation period is over in July. This is their plan but is not set in stone yet, I don't have an exact ending date for her care or anything like that. I also have another DCM that works for the school and will pull her child for the summer but will pay to hold her spot so she can have it back in the fall. So if everything goes as planned I will have an opening as early as may but we all know things don't always go as planned in this career.

I'm not sure how to reply to her and I don't want to make it sound like he is guaranteed the space this summer even if she is the first to make it on the waiting list that I plan to start in the new year. Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time
cheerfuldom 09:28 AM 12-29-2011
Let her know that you don't have a firm date in mind because it depends on your current family's situations but you would be happy to email again should a full time opening become available.

Don't promise anything you don't have for sure.
Lilbutterflie 02:07 PM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
Here's my issue: I have a DCM that plans to move away this summer. Her husband is moving ahead of her for a job in early January and she will follow him this summer after the probation period is over in July. This is their plan but is not set in stone yet, I don't have an exact ending date for her care or anything like that. I also have another DCM that works for the school and will pull her child for the summer but will pay to hold her spot so she can have it back in the fall. So if everything goes as planned I will have an opening as early as may but we all know things don't always go as planned in this career.
Tell her "If everything goes as planned; I will have an opening as early as May. However, it depends on one family's situation and is not guaranteed."
Reply Up