Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Ratio
allsmiles 01:23 PM 05-13-2013
In Texas, the afterschoolers are not counted in your regular ratio..
so where i can have 6 all day dck, i technically can have up to 12 with six addtional after school..
so when school is out, are they considered apart of my regular ratio?
crazydaycarelady 01:27 PM 05-13-2013
I don't know but having 6 SA would drive me C~R~A~Z~Y! LOL
allsmiles 01:29 PM 05-13-2013
6???? hahaha.. never!!!

i only have one afterschooler so i was just wondering if she could stay if her mom needed me, she may not even ask really..
VTMom 05:09 PM 05-13-2013
In VT, we can have 6 full day kids and 4 afterschool kids during the school year. This means we can watch all 10 full day during school vacations, snow days, etc. and still be in ratio. This does not apply during the summer here. During the summer, we can watch 6 full day kids.
AmyKidsCo 05:53 PM 05-13-2013
How does TX define a "school ager"? In WI a SA child can only be in care up to 3 hours a day, otherwise they count in the ratios same as any other over-two.
allsmiles 07:29 PM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by VTMom:
In VT, we can have 6 full day kids and 4 afterschool kids during the school year. This means we can watch all 10 full day during school vacations, snow days, etc. and still be in ratio. This does not apply during the summer here. During the summer, we can watch 6 full day kids.
okay this is what I was thinking.. I guess I need to check with my licensor to make sure..
allsmiles 07:35 PM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
How does TX define a "school ager"? In WI a SA child can only be in care up to 3 hours a day, otherwise they count in the ratios same as any other over-two.
oh I see..no here it doesn't matter the hours of care.. any child 4 and above that attends an educational institution is school age and during breaks such as spring break, they are not included in ratio..yayyy I did check with my licensor on this and even a 3 year old can be counted in the afterschool ratio who goes to preschool half day.
DaisyMamma 04:22 AM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by VTMom:
That's the same in CT.
I can only have 3 SA during the school year, but during the summer they count in my 6 FT, however, my own children do NOT count if they are SA in the summer
Reply Up