Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Longer Providing Breakfast and Lunch
DancingQueen 05:18 AM 09-09-2010
I've made a decision that effective 1/1/11 I am no longer going to provide breakfast and lunch. I've given all of my parents ample notice (they've known since June). I wanted to be as fair as possible in letting them know.

one of my biggest reason is that everyone is so incredibly picky. I go through so much waste. My rates are incredilby low for my area and I just can't keep up the expense of providing food - not to mention the work that goes into it. I've decided that everyone will bring a packed lunch (as if they were bringing their lunch to school) and I will include myself and my children in this. We will all have a packed lunch that we will open at the same time and eat. I'm looking forward to being able to sit and eat with them and chat rather than play waitress.

I have a new parent that started mid August. They had been waiting for a spot for quite a while. I told them when they signed my contract that I'd continue to provide B & L until the end of this year but 1/1 that changes. I will still provide snacks and drinks - but thats it. They were fine with it.

all of a sudden they want to "discuss" this. They feel that I should make an exception for their daughter because their daughter is not a picky eater and won't waste any food.
I was so irritated after talking to them because of the assumption that I'd make an exception for their child and not anyone else. Why do so many parents seem to feel as though their child is the only one in my care?

Report this post
Tags:meals
Up