Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training - Wish Me Luck
kitkat 05:26 AM 01-03-2011
So dcg is in the process of potty training. They've been working on it at home, going every 30-45 minutes (don't get me started), so it's not like this was news to me. Dcd says very few accidents (really?). I don't think she's ready, but I said I'll give it a try and will take her every hour to hour and a half. If she's consistently wet, we will stop. Happy Monday! Wish me luck!
Little People 05:34 AM 01-03-2011
Good Luck!!
momofsix 05:36 AM 01-03-2011
Hopefully it will go great...what a way to start the new year!
alyssyn 05:42 AM 01-03-2011
Good luck with that!! Btw, how old is she?
kitkat 06:20 AM 01-03-2011
She'll be 3 in mid-March. So far so good. I hope she's really doing as well as dcm says. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
ninosqueridos 06:44 AM 01-03-2011
good luck - glad it's going well so far! Just curious, does she ASK to go?
Cat Herder 07:08 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:

Good luck....
Unregistered 07:30 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by kitkat:
She'll be 3 in mid-March. So far so good. I hope she's really doing as well as dcm says. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Soon to be 3 year old GIRL not ready REALLY? She is almost 3 and MOST girls potty train anywhere between the ages of 1 and half to 2 and half. Also you really should take her every hour and every hour and half at first thats to long to wait when they are first starting out.
kitkat 07:44 AM 01-03-2011
No, doesn't ask to go. When she was in a diaper, she never said she had to go or when she went (including pooping). She knows how to go on the toilet and will go whenever you put her on. It's just a matter of her learning/figuring out when she has to go. She'll be in pull ups til that happens.

It's been 2 years since I've had to deal with potty training. This will be a good refresher for when I have to train DD. She's close to being ready, but with the baby due in 57 days, the timing is just really bad.
ninosqueridos 06:01 PM 01-03-2011
I'm learning it's impossible to create the desire to ASK to go potty even when the child knows how to go on the potty when put there. It's frustrating. I've been taking the same child every hour for almost a year and she STILL won't ask to go. Oh well. It's obvious to me she's not and has never been ready to train.......talk about potty training for over a year
kitkat 06:04 PM 01-03-2011
I'm learning it's impossible to create the desire to ASK to go potty even when the child knows how to go on the potty when put there. It's frustrating. I've been taking the same child every hour for almost a year and she STILL won't ask to go. Oh well. It's obvious to me she's not and has never been ready to train.......talk about potty training for over a year
How have you not gone crazy already Every hour for a year? You obviously have waaaaaaayyy more patience than I do!
ninosqueridos 06:59 PM 01-03-2011
How have you not gone crazy already Every hour for a year? You obviously have waaaaaaayyy more patience than I do!
I've been told I have a lot of patience.......one of my resolutions is to further develop my backbone with the dcps.
QualiTcare 06:07 AM 01-04-2011
No, doesn't ask to go. When she was in a diaper, she never said she had to go or when she went (including pooping). She knows how to go on the toilet and will go whenever you put her on. It's just a matter of her learning/figuring out when she has to go. She'll be in pull ups til that happens.

It's been 2 years since I've had to deal with potty training. This will be a good refresher for when I have to train DD. She's close to being ready, but with the baby due in 57 days, the timing is just really bad.
that's a good motivation to get it done BEFORE the baby's born. i had my daughter potty trained by the time she was 2 bc i've just always been the type to get rid of bottles, pacis, diapers or anything ASAP so i was working on it with her already AND i was pregnant. she was 2 yrs and 2 months when i had my son. i did nooot want to have 2 kids in diapers. it just seemed like a nightmare to me!
Tags:potty training
Reply Up