Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Kindy Son and School Bus
trix23 08:24 AM 08-06-2019
My older son will be starting kindergarten this fall and I just found out details about his bus stop as far as times and etc. For the morning bus, it'll be before I'm open and so I can take him, no issues. For the afternoon, it'll be arriving at 4:30pm and is about 11 minutes walking (prob 15-20 with everyone loaded up in my 6-seat stroller).

If parents want to pick up or arrive as we are en route to the afternoon pickup, is them picking up from my stroller ok? Or should they have to wait til we get back?
Baby Beluga 08:35 AM 08-06-2019
I ran into this during my DD's year in kinder. I made a map for the parents and told them where the bus stop was in relation to my house (thankfully it was a 30 second walk, 5 houses down from mine.)

I put a note on my door saying we were at the bus stop and brought the sign in/out book with us. If a parent arrived while we were at the stop thy just picked up from there.
trix23 08:44 AM 08-06-2019
ok, good idea. I'll maybe do that as well. I use a digital check-in system so they can do that from my phone.
Unregistered 06:54 PM 08-06-2019
As long as you take your sign in|out and parents know then no problem licensing wise.
But can you call the busses and reroute the stop to the front of your house?

That's is pretty far for walking espsecially of you get rain and snow. You may also have to bring everything s child needs to take home in the event of a pickup.
Pepperth 03:42 AM 08-07-2019
Is there any chance they'd move the bus stop closer if you mentioned you had a daycare? I know its a longshot, but it actually worked for me. (There were other factors involved such as the original stop being on a blind hill, which is why I think they were receptive.) Otherwise, I like the map idea and having parents pickup on route.

On a side note, that was the most stressed I ever was while running the home daycare. My son's bus dropped off right at the end of naptime, like 3:00, so everything had to go just right to get the kids out the door at the right time. It was also a bad year for weather, so pushing 6 kids in a snowstorm down the road everyday got to me, lol.
Snowmom 07:47 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Is there any chance they'd move the bus stop closer if you mentioned you had a daycare? I know its a longshot, but it actually worked for me. (There were other factors involved such as the original stop being on a blind hill, which is why I think they were receptive.) Otherwise, I like the map idea and having parents pickup on route.
I was going to say this too.
Especially for a Kindy.

Our district moved our bus stop closer when this happened to us. It's worth a shot.
trix23 04:32 PM 08-10-2019
I didn't think to ask/request that, but worth a shot. I'll have to figure out who exactly to call.
trix23 04:33 PM 08-10-2019
I live in a place that doesn't get snow, though rain is a definite possibility. I'm thinking to get a transport van and carseats as a back-up in case of emergencies for my son or for bus stop pickup, although if they can reroute it to in front of my house, 0 issues there
Tags:own child, pick up issues, providers own child, public school
Reply Up