Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I be concerned?
Zoe 09:55 AM 01-23-2014
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while, but I'm kinda stumped with this infant I have. 10 month old dcg, I've had her full-time (10.5 hours a day) since she was 2 months old. She was a fussy little one, I believe from being held a lot at home and she seemed as if she had some acid reflux. She has since become a delightful girl, as the parents have been very willing to work with me to help her be happy and successful at daycare.

Well the past two weeks she has become completely uninterested in eating, both bottles and baby food! It started with her only drinking 4 oz when she usually ate 6 at a time, then she would push the bottle away and cry if I offered it to her again. Then a couple of days later she stopped wanting to drink bottles at all! She is breastfed at home and still does that but I found that they don't bottle feed her anymore, she drinks from a sippy cup when mom is gone. Fine. So I give her a sippy cup. She won't drink from that either! And it turns out she has stopped drinking from the sippy at home now too.

The thing is, she is a very happy little girl. She has started crawling and sitting up from a crawling position and loves being on the floor with the other kids. The only time she is unhappy is during feeding time. I don't pressure her, I just offer it, so it's a stress free meal time. And this week she has stopped eating her baby food! I mix breast milk in with IF infant cereal and a fruit or vegetable of baby food. She won't eat it either. So she is going 11 hours without eating and doesn't seem to care at all! That's what is stumping me the most, it's as if she isn't even hungry. She's so happy until I try to feed her! She naps great too, btw. No trouble with that.

So dcm and I are both concerned about this. I haven't ever come across this before. Is it because she has a tooth coming in (top front)? Or she has just started crawling so she's too interested in playing to want to eat? Could there be something else I'm not thinking of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Tags:child development, infant - won't eat, stages of development
Up