Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensing Without a Fence?
katzan 08:57 AM 04-16-2014
Now that I've started my training, I am starting to get concerned that I will not be able to be licensed. My HOA does not allow fences. I live in a gated golf community. My backyard is about 100 feet away from a lake, maybe a bit more than that. However, I do have a large lanai (a screend in back porch for those that don't know what that may be). It's the size of what one would be if you had an inground pool, however, we don't have a pool. There's plenty of space to have a few outdoor play equipment and ride on toys out there. Would this be sufficient? The lanai door stays locked at all times, and the handle to open it is so high that any kid under 8 could not reach it. However, the screens can obviously be ripped. I'm in Florida.. does anyone have a clue? Help lol!
hwichlaz 09:11 AM 04-16-2014
Call and ask. You might need a different type of door (one the swings closed on it's own and automatically locks) or a plan for walking to a nearby park for outdoor play time. Is there a park close by?
Laurel 10:34 AM 04-16-2014
Originally Posted by katzan:
Now that I've started my training, I am starting to get concerned that I will not be able to be licensed. My HOA does not allow fences. I live in a gated golf community. My backyard is about 100 feet away from a lake, maybe a bit more than that. However, I do have a large lanai (a screend in back porch for those that don't know what that may be). It's the size of what one would be if you had an inground pool, however, we don't have a pool. There's plenty of space to have a few outdoor play equipment and ride on toys out there. Would this be sufficient? The lanai door stays locked at all times, and the handle to open it is so high that any kid under 8 could not reach it. However, the screens can obviously be ripped. I'm in Florida.. does anyone have a clue? Help lol!
I'm in Florida too and that is an interesting dilemma. In Broward County where I am at we are required to be licensed and licensing requires a fence. YET, there is a state law allowing anyone in Florida to do daycare in their homes.

I think you'll just have to call licensing and ask what you should do. I had a situation one time where the fireman said something different than licensing so I asked the fireman who has the final authority in this situation? He said licensing but I think he was just nice and didn't want to make an issue out of it.

Definitely let us know how this turns out. I've never heard of anything like this but am really curious about how this would play out.

Laurel
coolconfidentme 10:51 AM 04-16-2014
Can you have a portable fence?
katzan 08:39 AM 04-17-2014
I have a park right across from my development. About 1.5 miles away. It's not "fenced" either though, but yes, we have a park close by.

How does a portable fence work? Does it go all the way to the ground?
Tags:fence
Reply Up