Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maybe Getting DCG's Baby Brother a Year Sooner Than Planned...
MaritimeMummy 03:25 AM 08-20-2012
I swore I wouldn't take newborns. Starting out, I took babies 12 months and over. At the time, my son was only 5 months old. Now that he's 15 months, I want to get out of that whole infant thing and just do toddlers and up.

Anyway, a DCM of mine works from home. I have her older child. She planned on keeping her newborn at home with her while she worked until he was a year and then send him to me. Now her work load's increased and she asked me...now. I'm not really too keen on it but it would only be 2 days a week, and opposite the days of another DCK. Right now I have my 2 kids, 1 full time girl, and 2 part timers. Would you do it?
countrymom 05:16 AM 08-20-2012
yes, I take them at 6 months. the only thing is that you need to stress the importance of your schedual. They take 2 naps a day, so this must be routine.
MaritimeMummy 05:30 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
yes, I take them at 6 months. the only thing is that you need to stress the importance of your schedual. They take 2 naps a day, so this must be routine.
Would you take a 2-3 month old? ;-)
Meyou 05:34 AM 08-20-2012
I would give it a trial run for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. If it's a calm little monkey it may not be too bad at all. I started taking my cousin's little one at 5 months part time and it worked out well.
countrymom 05:59 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by MaritimeMummy:
Would you take a 2-3 month old? ;-)
nope, thats too much work and only part time would be crazy.
AfterSchoolMom 06:06 AM 08-20-2012
I'd say it depends on the temperament of the baby. The last baby I had started at 3 months and was as good as gold. I agree with a trial basis. However, if it doesn't work out, or if you tell her you can't do it, will she pull the sibling?
Reply Up