Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Seriously Considering Quitting
dave4him 09:59 AM 02-03-2014
I am not a quitter, but it just does not seem to be working. I have so much school work to do, so many house chores, and not enough dck income.. I mean it helps but its not much. Kind of wish I could just cut the rope and just be a SAHD. Maybe in the fall when I start up taking on campus classes. I don't know. Just not sure what I should do.
ihop 10:11 AM 02-03-2014
Have you tried lightening your daycare responsibilities? Maybe less curriculum, more child led activities/free play. When I am feeling overwhelmed lately I put all of the kids in craft smocks and set them down with a huge sheet of paper and crayons. They will color for close to an hour. Any if they want to be done early, i will suggest they draw somethingspecific and it keeps them busy for ten more minutes.:It gives me time to decompress and clean or do paperwork. Then when its all done, I give them baby wipes and they clean it all up. Simple things like that save my sanity.

CraftyMom 10:22 AM 02-03-2014
On the baby wipes topic, sometimes I hand them all a baby wipe and ask them to clean the house for me They love it, they get busy wiping down everything in site, occupies them for a while to clear my head.
coolconfidentme 11:13 AM 02-03-2014
When I feel overwhelmed, I think of a past, ruthless, boss. I could be working for that guy, but I'm not!!! I also remind myself of all the good in my career choice. I get to wake up 10 minutes before work, wear my cool Cookie Monster slippers, color, play peak-a-boo, sing really bad really loud, nobody looks at a watch when I come back from the bathroom, I don't have the break room drama, I can go on Facebook & Daycare.com.., you get the picture. Hang onto the good.., & smile!!
slorey 05:52 PM 02-03-2014
I have felt the same way as you since my youngest was born almost 3 years ago. It has been a big stress for me and to be honest, has not gotten better. Unfortunately we do not have the money for me to completely quit, although I only have 1 dck right now and she just went from full time to part time. My heart yearns to be a SAHM, so I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully it gets better for you, but it hasn't for me yet. Thinking I will pull the plug at the end of this school year, although I am not sure what I will do for an income if I do that! Good luck to you and whatever decision you choose.
dave4him 11:07 AM 02-04-2014
Six months until i start taking classes on campus so i know i should be positive right now. My niece just dropped down to part time which stinks but shes on DHS and they wont pay as long as her mommy isnt working or going to school full time. And she is in a preschool program two days a week so she wont come those days here. Makes me think all that work getting my two star status and degree was for nothing...
Scribbles 11:16 AM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Six months until i start taking classes on campus so i know i should be positive right now. My niece just dropped down to part time which stinks but shes on DHS and they wont pay as long as her mommy isnt working or going to school full time. And she is in a preschool program two days a week so she wont come those days here. Makes me think all that work getting my two star status and degree was for nothing...
Are you allowed to charge the family what DHS doesn't pay?

I wouldnt be able (financially) to give someone a break on rates if they attend a preschool or want to drop down to part time.

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time.
dave4him 01:10 PM 02-04-2014
Yes. But she can't afford it.
Tags:burnout, overwhelmed, simplify
Reply Up