Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Any Parents Out There With A Variable Schedule?
legomom922 03:43 AM 01-03-2011
I am going crazy as one of my DCM's schedule is too hard to work around. Her days change, her hrs change, the amount of days change, etc. I have finally given her an ultimatium, that she must contract 5 days, because I can no longer accomodate her. She doesnt work alot of hrs, only between 12-20, and she is paying my daily rate of $35. I charge by the day no matter how many hrs they are there, but I am unable to fill other spots because of her schedule.

So I was wondering if any of you have such a varied schedule, and how do you have it worked out with your DCP?
lil angels 11:08 AM 01-17-2011
I have had many family's like that and I give them about 20 off of my full time rate every week but that is it and consider them full time for their pain hrs that they have so long as they keep them home when they are home. Most of them understand because I can not fill the spot with anyone else.
Blackcat31 11:26 AM 01-17-2011
I don't offer care except on a flat rate basis. I got tired of working around so many variable schedules so now..... if you want a space, it is $*** per week. You tell me the hours you need and I tell you if I will be open that early or late. Price is the same for everyone. I started NOT telling parents open and close hours and did contracted hours only so I get to leave early or come in late a few times a month. But everyone pays the same and I don't share rate info with the other families so I don't even know if all my families are aware that everyone is paying the same rate or not. But I like the fact that since doing that I have like, zero stress when it comes to scheduling.
AmandasFCC 12:41 PM 01-17-2011
I have parents with variable schedules and they pay for full time slots. It's a hard thing to ask for sometimes, especially when you know they really don't need a whole lot of care, but that's the thing - if they want the luxury of having you at their beck and call, they need to pay for it. And if they value you, they'll understand that.
Tags:hours vary, schedule, schedule varied
Reply Up