Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has Anyone Converted Their Stroller Wheels Into A Sled?
thecrazyisout 05:55 AM 10-27-2011
Hi there,

Just figuring out my options for winter and taking kindys to the bus stop. I think this might be doable to convert a stroller bottom by adding some sort of sled to each side. I have a few ideas in mind, but wondering if anyone else has done/does this!

Thanks
laundrymom 06:10 AM 10-27-2011
How many kids
thecrazyisout 07:35 AM 10-27-2011
I have a total of 5 kids, but a two kid stroller (the little ones ride and the 2 year olds walk...which may be also a challenge in itself with winter gear on for them..
laundrymom 07:39 AM 10-27-2011
I would look for a tobaggan type sled.
DBug 09:55 AM 10-27-2011
I use this one to pull 4 toddlers in, over hilly, bumpy, deep snow, and it works great! The bottom does eventually wear out, but at $20, it's cheap enough to get a new one each year. Our winter weather is 3-4 months' worth of real snow. The toddlers have to sit with their legs around the kid in front of them. I know it sounds like it's asking for trouble , but really, with all of their winter gear on, they can't move enough to bother each other. I have to help them get up off of it, so they do stay put quite well.
heyhun77 04:32 PM 10-27-2011
I put my double stroller on top of a long sled and just push. Otherwise I have 2 of the long sleds and just pull both sleds with kids in them if they need a break from walking.
Tags:inventions, sleds, stroller, stroller - snow sled
Reply Up