Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A 15 Month Old Boy Who Cries ALL THE TIME
thecrazyisout 10:31 AM 10-25-2012
So, I am trying to figure out discipline with this child that is both age appropriate and effective, I have tried EVERYTHING PEOPLE. I MEAN EVERYTHING...the positive discipline thing read many books, and reread just trying to figure out what I am doing differently now than with the other children I care for. He is very smart, already trying to talk and copies all of the other children. He is frustrated with communication I can tell you that because he is smart. He wants to say something but can't so ALL he does is this moan :ehhhhhhhhhhhhh ehhhhhhhhhhh ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh over and over and over. I LOVE THE KID Dearly. I have had him since he was 3 months old. And, I talk to him try to help him communicate....etc etc. Now it has gotten to the point that I have to put him in his pack and play in the back room for a few minutes just to give the kids and I relief.

So, maybe I haven't done everything and there is someone out there that has some advice and experienced the same temperment in a child this age!

Thanks in advance!
Michelle 10:37 AM 10-25-2012
have you tried baby sign?
sometimes if they can communicate through simple baby sign language, it will help with his frustration
thecrazyisout 10:58 AM 10-25-2012
Yes, he is signing now. He will do more, please and eat.....working on a few more!

THanks though..
providerandmomof4 12:14 PM 10-25-2012
I guess maybe I'm not understanding what your wanting advice on? Discipline or relief for the crying spells because dcb is frustrated? What behaviors is he displaying that require discipline? 18 mths is too young for much more than redirection and simply removing him from the situation that is causing frustration imo.....
Reply Up