Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not A Vent But Expressing Some Negativity
Mrs. CC 08:21 AM 11-04-2011
Whew! What a wonderful day today has been.

I posted earlier this week about the DCK I have who is a Foster Child. The screaming has lessened by approx 1 hour a day and we have smiles, chuckles and a few other cool interactions! That is great and wonderful! I love seeing the progress.

BUT, I didn't realize the toll his screaming has on the other DCK, my kids and me.

He only comes M-TH, so today he isn't here and it is amazing how different everyone is. The other kids are laughing, playing, sharing : and all around much happier than they have been all week.

I don't want to lay it all at his feet, but that screaming continually really does a number on all of us.

I really dread next Monday and Friday isn't even over yet.
Meyou 08:28 AM 11-04-2011
It's ok to feel relief that a scream free day brings. It's hard to integrate any new child let alone one with special circumstances like yours has. Just keep telling yourself that in a few more weeks the adjustment will get better and better.
DaycareMama 08:41 AM 11-04-2011
Your doing such a great thing

I have multiple part time screamers as well. I have also noticed the change in the air so to say the days those kids are out. It has to be hard on the other children. Sometimes moods are catchy YKWIM?

I praise the heck out of my kids on the "quiet days" so hopefully it will carry over into the loud days
KBCsMommy 09:13 AM 11-04-2011
The worst part is the crying and screaming is contagious too.

I watch a foster baby too. And everytime he starts up... so do the other kids. It drives me bonkers!!

And the days hes not here no crying no screaming from my other dc babies at all. They are perfectly content playing and cuddling!! The air is clear so to speak!!
Ariana 10:01 AM 11-04-2011
I remember when I worked in a centre and we started an 18 month old screamer. It was sooo stressful. He literally cried and screamed for nearly the full 8 hours he was there...people think I'm exaggerating here but I'm not! It got so bad that my co-workers were going home with migraines and wearing ear plugs. NOT FUN Finally after about 1 1/2 weeks he relaxed...then the parents brought him to China for a month to visit relatives and when they came back it started all over again. UGH.
Mrs. CC 12:27 PM 11-04-2011
Thank you all for understanding. My mom thinks I am complaining and need to fix it (get rid of the DCK), my DH thinks that we are all going to go crazy (he might have a point) and I just need somewhere to blurt it out and not stew over it.

I really appreciate these forums
daycare 12:59 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs. CC:
Thank you all for understanding. My mom thinks I am complaining and need to fix it (get rid of the DCK), my DH thinks that we are all going to go crazy (he might have a point) and I just need somewhere to blurt it out and not stew over it.

I really appreciate these forums
honestly let me tell you first off that I have made a million mistakes with my own DC..

I either become better or bitter... For the most, I am bitter for a bit before I get better.

I had a kid like this that just really was a downer for the group. He was a full timer so I did not realize just unhappy everyone was until he left to go on vacation.

My happiness, the kids and my family were as happy as ever. I stopped complaining about the kid, I did not have to go crazy and it was just one big sigh of relief.

I had to let the child go. It was that or my sanity and the possibility of losing a family over it...

He left and our lives became BETTER
Tags:bad influence, contagious behavior, foster, screamer
Reply Up