Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Should I Charge?
MOMOF3BOYZ 05:06 PM 03-29-2012
hey evryone how r things going? well i hope good!
so i have a question a dcp wants before school care and dropp off to school, only?
how should i charge her? should i give her my drop in rate? or what is a fair price for this? i dont normally do what shes asking.

please some advice? thanks
Soccermom 05:12 PM 03-29-2012
Not sure what your rates are where you are. Here in NB I charge 10$ for afterschool care...no extra charge for mornings.
Mornings and no afterschool care I charge 5$ per hour. I would charge for the drive to school as well. I would say if dck is there for one hour in the am plus the drive I would charge 10$.
cheeseheadmama 05:35 AM 03-30-2012
I charge a minimum of $15 for B/A school care up to 3 hours total. They are here such a short time but require a lot of my attention. Most are here only 2 hours after school but my rate is still far less than the in-school program.
momma2girls 06:54 AM 03-30-2012
I would charge enough to make it worthwhile for you. At one time I had 2 brothers only before school. THey said that they would not always be here, or only for about 1/2 an hr. many am's. I gave them a SUPER great rate, which I totally regretted one day into it!! I only charged them $40.00 for both of them for the 5 days. It got to be where they were every day, and when I opened and where here for almost an hr. each am. So I was only charging them $20.00 each!! It was totally not worth it!!
They would bring in coughs, fevers, etc. etc....... they were good boys, but it still was not worth it. Then I had all teachers children- so the other 3 families would not be here for snow days, late starts, etc.. I only had these 2 boys on snow days, late starts, etc... I did charge extra for these days as well. YOu have to make it worthwhile, or do not do it!!!! Now I charge $35.00 for each child for before or after school and $60.00 for both before and after school. I honestly don't think I will be doing before and after school any longer. It has been so nice not having them!!
MrsB 06:59 AM 03-30-2012
Take into consideration days that he doesnt have school. Are you still only keeping him for that hour. Do you have to keep a spot open in case he does?

I am not currently taking any new school agers but when I did I charged $65 for before or after and $95 for before and after. Per week. I dont charge extra for days they have school or get out early unless it is a week where they have 3 more days of no school and they attend here I would charge my full time rate of $150.

Make it worth your while! Because the shortest time/part time always seem to have the biggest issues.
momma2girls 07:04 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
Take into consideration days that he doesnt have school. Are you still only keeping him for that hour. Do you have to keep a spot open in case he does?

I am not currently taking any new school agers but when I did I charged $65 for before or after and $95 for before and after. Per week. I dont charge extra for days they have school or get out early unless it is a week where they have 3 more days of no school and they attend here I would charge my full time rate of $150.

Make it worth your while! Because the shortest time/part time always seem to have the biggest issues.
I totally agree!!
MOMOF3BOYZ 08:23 AM 03-30-2012
Thats what im starting to think. Originally i would have the dck in the morning b4 school then i would drop her off @school, i wouldp/up from school and then after school care.
Now the mom got her in the after school program, so she will be going to that after school .
so now she only needs before school and drop off( dcp mom lives with the dcp but the mom does not drive otherwise grandma would do it) so i really am thinking of just reffering her to someone else? what do u guys think? is that rude? but summer break is coming up and i dont know if shes staying with grandma or coming to daycare. so im gonna talk to dcp today to let her know that if she needs dck to come to daycare for summer she need to let me know by april? what do u think? summer break is in may
MrsB 08:38 AM 03-30-2012
Check with the afterschool program. Ours doesnt operate on teacher inservices, early release, late arrival days. Most parents expect that I will and that I will have a spot available to them, unless I clarify.
Tags:drop off policy, rate
Reply Up