Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking for Ideas on Room
Oneluckymom 10:36 AM 07-27-2012
I am currently using a large room where the kids and babies play, nap, eat, etc. Even my 2 pack n plays are in there.

I have a medium size room connected to the one we use with a door on it. In this room there is a rather large corner desk with a computer, a microwave, nap cots, and some snack and breakfast foods.

I would like to utilize this room with the daycare kids in mind, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I would still need it for the microwave and other things. The desk cannot come out unless its disassembled. Any ideas?
My3cents 11:04 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
I am currently using a large room where the kids and babies play, nap, eat, etc. Even my 2 pack n plays are in there.

I have a medium size room connected to the one we use with a door on it. In this room there is a rather large corner desk with a computer, a microwave, nap cots, and some snack and breakfast foods.

I would like to utilize this room with the daycare kids in mind, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I would still need it for the microwave and other things. The desk cannot come out unless its disassembled. Any ideas?
Can you post pictures? I am visual. I suggest a google search to see what other people are doing or if something catches your eye for what you need.
Best-
Crazy8 11:08 AM 07-27-2012
I'd love to see pics too. How I would LOVE to have another room attached to my playroom!!!! Since it has the microwave I would probably turn it into a room for eating and sleeping, putting the pack n' plays in there so that I can make more space in the playroom but that also depends on the ages of kids you have and their nap schedule and if you want to be using that desk/computer while they are napping.
countrymom 11:14 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I'd love to see pics too. How I would LOVE to have another room attached to my playroom!!!! Since it has the microwave I would probably turn it into a room for eating and sleeping, putting the pack n' plays in there so that I can make more space in the playroom but that also depends on the ages of kids you have and their nap schedule and if you want to be using that desk/computer while they are napping.
I would do this too, and use it as an art room too.
Heidi 11:16 AM 07-27-2012
For me, the bigger room would be for anything "non-messy". I'd have it divided into centers like dramatic play, blocks, manipulatives, music, science. Depends on how much room you have.

The smaller room would be art & eating. If it's carpeted, I'd put a linoleum remnant right over the top of it somehow. The older children (to be trusted) could then have access to art materials while the younger couldn't just get at them. I'd use a gate to seperate the areas.

The book nook/cuddle corner could be on either side, depending on space, as long as it's away from the louder areas.
Oneluckymom 11:19 AM 07-27-2012
Sorry, Im not very computer savvy as far as pics go. I don't use the computer, its actually my 7yr old son who uses it.

I was also thinking of using it as a nap area. I have two 2.5 year olds, 8mo, 13mo. Not sure about the eating though, the room has very light colored carpet. I suppose I could put something under the tables?
Crazy8 11:27 AM 07-27-2012
Sorry, Im not very computer savvy as far as pics go. I don't use the computer, its actually my 7yr old son who uses it.

I was also thinking of using it as a nap area. I have two 2.5 year olds, 8mo, 13mo. Not sure about the eating though, the room has very light colored carpet. I suppose I could put something under the tables?
you can put those connectable rubber mats over the carpet in that area or I think they sell a big roll version of that clear plastic like you use under computer chairs on carpet?? I'm sure I've seen it in home improvement stores.

I've dreamed of being able to get our big eating/craft table out of my room so I could use it for more play/centers so that's why I'm suggesting it!
Heidi 11:55 AM 07-27-2012

How about a linoleum rug? Like this: (you could paint a cute pattern on it)

http://www.ehow.com/how_5760958_make-linoleum-rugs.html

Here's another kind:
http://www.hgtv.com/video/a-linoleum...deo/index.html
Tags:room arrangement, room ideas
Reply Up