Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions on Abcess/Boils
PitterPatter 05:41 PM 01-15-2012
I would like to speak with a provider that has had experience with children in daycare that have had abcess/boils that needed to have them cut open and drained. I don't want to post much detail in public but a serious issue has come up that has details I have never heard of so can someone PM me that has had a child in care with this experience? Thank you!!
countrymom 06:14 PM 01-15-2012
most times they are kept at home and the wound needs to be packed. Antibiotics are a must. When dh's niece had one inside her mouth that somehow ended up outside her cheek she was in the hospital. Dh said it was gross. But it was packed. Personally I would not take a child like this, to risky and when packing it has to be sterile.
MamaBear 10:14 PM 01-15-2012
I've had experience with this. You can private message me if you'd like.
Unregistered 05:38 AM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
I would like to speak with a provider that has had experience with children in daycare that have had abcess/boils that needed to have them cut open and drained. I don't want to post much detail in public but a serious issue has come up that has details I have never heard of so can someone PM me that has had a child in care with this experience? Thank you!!
I havent had a child in care with one but I had an abcess on the side of my cheek that had to be cut open as soon as it was opened it was relief and I was on antibotics and steriods for a week to get the swelling to go down. My middle child also had a boil on his leg that formed into an abcess he had a fever with it thou and was in the hosptial a week on iv meds and they cut it open so if you have any questions you can ask me.
PitterPatter 12:52 PM 01-16-2012
Thank you to everyone who replied and gave me advise. I know what I need to do now and how to deal with the situation.

Thanks a bunch!!
DaycareMama 03:03 PM 01-16-2012
If you need anything else we have delt with this also
Tags:boil, methicillan resistant, mrsa, staph infection, staphylococcus aureus
Reply Up