Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent's Food Choices--Vent
AmyLeigh 10:08 AM 01-13-2012
I know this has been discussed so many times here before, but just gotta vent to people who understand.
Dcb arrived at 8:30 this morning. I was in the middle of making breakfast when he proudly told me, "I had chips in the car!"
Okay, so I let my own children have some not-so-healthy foods, too. Once in a great while, on weekends. This boy usually arrives right before breakfast or lunch and will turn down food because he just had chips. This bothers me more so because of his family history. He has several obese relatives, his 10 yo sister is definitely overweight, and his dad had a stroke at the age of 37. The doctors told dad that if he didn't get his BP and cholesterol down, he wouldn't live to see 40. Yet, they give their precious little one chips almost daily. It makes me so sad!
Ariana 10:14 AM 01-13-2012
I remember a little boy at the centre where I worked coming in daily with a huge sucker in his mouth. This little boys teeth were FULL of metal fillings and his teeth were rotting out of his head. It's too bad we can't control parents because some of them I'd like to give a shake
cheerfuldom 05:01 PM 01-13-2012
They probably use the chips to bribe him into the car. Some parents are all about avoiding any sort of confrontation with their kid. Chips are easier for them than actually parenting.
AmyLeigh 03:46 PM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
They probably use the chips to bribe him into the car. Some parents are all about avoiding any sort of confrontation with their kid. Chips are easier for them than actually parenting.
Normally, I would agree. But in this case, the boy actually asks to come here even on his parents' days off. He has to be bribed to go home! Lol. It's just laziness on their part to give him real food. I would prefer they send him here starving then full of junk food.
Tags:food battles, food from outside
Reply Up