Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hazard Protection Plan?
sahm1225 05:23 AM 09-29-2010
Can someone please email me a copy of their hazard protection plan? I created one, but licensing said that it wasn't exactly what they are looking for.. i have called licensing and left tons of messages and havent had a call back, so I figured I would ask here and see if I can compare mine to someone elses and see what I am missing? Thank you
Reply
misol 06:38 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Can someone please email me a copy of their hazard protection plan? I created one, but licensing said that it wasn't exactly what they are looking for.. i have called licensing and left tons of messages and havent had a call back, so I figured I would ask here and see if I can compare mine to someone elses and see what I am missing? Thank you?


Not sure what you mean. Would this be the same as an emergency preparedness plan?
Reply
sahm1225 12:28 PM 09-29-2010
Sorry about that - yes, emergency preparedness plan
Reply
broncomom1973 06:31 AM 09-30-2010
I would be interested in seeing one too if anyone wants to post something on this thread.
Reply
misol 06:45 AM 09-30-2010
Here is the template that licensing for our state has us use as a guideline. I just went through and filled in the appropriate information as it applies to my daycare. Hope this helps.

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/di...042-02-eng.pdf
Reply
broncomom1973 11:40 AM 09-30-2010
Thank you so much for the link.
Reply
My Daycare 02:45 PM 09-30-2010
Sent it. My rep didn't say that anything was wrong with it in my inspection today, so it should be OK. Good Luck!
Reply
KYOUNG 11:27 AM 03-28-2011
WOULD LIKE TO SEE A COPY OF AN APPROVED ILLINOIS HOME DAYCARE HAZARD PROTECTION PLAN IF ANYONE HAS ONE. i NEED TO SEE THE FORMAT,PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY @ KYOUNG9496@WOWWAY.COM.

THANKS
Reply
Michael 08:14 PM 03-31-2011
Here is what we have for Illinois: www.Daycare.com/illinois/illinois-preparedness-activity-book.pdf
Reply
LittleAngelsInc 09:58 AM 07-05-2011
Can someone please email a sample of a hazard protection plan.....searched on line and came up with nothing. Thank you
littleangelsenrichmentcenter@yahoo.com
Reply
Michael 01:31 PM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by LittleAngelsInc:
Can someone please email a sample of a hazard protection plan.....searched on line and came up with nothing. Thank you
littleangelsenrichmentcenter@yahoo.com
Here is what we have for Illinois: www.Daycare.com/illinois/illinois-preparedness-activity-book.pdf

We have a sample from Virginia here: Daycare.com/forms/emergency-plan.pdf

http://ready.illinois.gov/before/children.htm

Some other threads here: http://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=hazard+plan
Reply
Unregistered 06:42 PM 10-24-2011
I am needing to see a copy of the hazard protection plan that the state of Illinois is needing to become state licensed. Please email me at jnajmom@yahoo.com
Reply
Unregistered 07:18 PM 04-11-2012
I am also needing to see what Illinois needs for the hazard protection plan for the licensing application. please email me at jld521@yahoo.com
Reply
Unregistered 12:17 PM 04-20-2012
I am also needing to see what Illinois needs for the hazard protection plan for the licensing application. please email me at mrs.lao81@gmail.com thanks
Reply
precey 10:00 AM 07-13-2012
Hi, im in the process of opening up a home daycare but need help with the wriiten hazard plan. can someone please email me the written hazard plan? to precey32@yahoo.com. thanks
Reply
Unregistered 12:43 PM 07-22-2012
[quote=Unregistered;218430]I am also needing to see what Illinois needs for the hazard protection plan for the licensing application. please email me at [emailcevans101010@yahoo.com
Reply
dave4him 04:03 PM 07-22-2012
wish we had a good once for Oklahoma
Reply
Unregistered 09:17 PM 08-12-2012
Does anyone have a sample of a hazard protection plan for a home daycare in Illinois. Please email me at aimee_martinez@yahoo.com
Thank you
Reply
Unregistered 08:22 AM 08-13-2012
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
Sent it. My rep didn't say that anything was wrong with it in my inspection today, so it should be OK. Good Luck!
Would you mind sending me a copy of your plan. Im having difficulty writting it too. DCFS needs to have a workshop on creating one I think...LOL. My email is RachelJLEvene@yahoo.com. Thank you so much
Reply
Mzleejames 11:21 AM 09-02-2012
Hi, im in the process of opening up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a sample so i can get a better understanding of what i need to include. (teelee71@comcast.net) Thank you
Reply
MyAngels 06:18 PM 09-02-2012
Originally Posted by Mzleejames:
Hi, im in the process of opening up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a sample so i can get a better understanding of what i need to include. (teelee71@comcast.net) Thank you
Check out post #24 in this thread for an example for Illinois: http://daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28951
Reply
Unregistered 07:59 AM 09-28-2012
Hi Im looking for someone to email a copy of their hazard protection letter I have made one and I would just like to tlook at one to make sure I did it right. I did see the examples on here (which were very helpful) Thank You in advance amber.bebej@yahoo.com
Reply
Unregistered 03:20 PM 06-07-2013
Hello~
I'm in the process of starting -up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a copy of an approved ILLINOIS HOME DAYCARE HAZARD PROTECTION PLAN IF ANYONE HAS ONE. I need to see the format.PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY @charmingchildcare@yahoo.com

THANKS,
Reply
Unregistered 03:25 PM 06-07-2013
Hello~
I'm in the process of starting -up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a copy of an approved ILLINOIS HOME DAYCARE HAZARD PROTECTION PLAN for Illinois IF ANYONE HAS ONE. I need to see the format.PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY @charmingchildcare@yahoo.com

THANKS,
Reply
MyAngels 03:33 PM 06-07-2013
There really is no form for this. You just go through your home and note any potential hazards and how you've addressed them. You have to do inside and outside. I.e., "The stairs leading to the basement present a fall hazard. Falls will be prevented by closing and locking the door to the downstairs during all times children are present." Each plan will be unique to each daycare home.
Reply
Unregistered 09:59 PM 06-07-2013
@My Angel I know there's really no forms because from what I have been told this new however I do believe that someone has a approve copy that others can get an idea or a way to format ........Because I am drawing a blank when it come to this part
Reply
MyAngels 06:25 AM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
@My Angel I know there's really no forms because from what I have been told this new however I do believe that someone has a approve copy that others can get an idea or a way to format ........Because I am drawing a blank when it come to this part
Ok, here you go. I generalized mine up a bit:
Attached: Hazard Protection Plan.pdf (31.0 KB) 
Reply
charm 03:13 PM 06-08-2013
@myangel can you please email me this to me I tried to open it from the site but it won't allow Email:charmingchildcare@yahoo.com
Reply
Blackcat31 09:49 PM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by charm:
@myangel can you please email me this to me I tried to open it from the site but it won't allow Email:charmingchildcare@yahoo.com
Try it now. Your status was still moderated which limited your ability to access certain forum features. It should be ok now.
Reply
unregistered 09:00 PM 06-09-2013
@my angel I still can't access this can you please emal:charmingchildcare@yahoo.com
Reply
Michael 09:50 PM 06-09-2013
I copied it's content for you:

XYZ Daycare
111 Any Street
My Town, IL 66666
EIN: 00-0000000
(123) 456-7890

Hazard Protection Plan

Part 406 Licensing Standards for Daycare Homes Section 406.4(b)

Interior:

• All outlets will be equipped with either outlet plugs or self-closing outlet covers.
• All cleaning products, chemicals, medications and/or other hazardous materials will be stored in cabinets high enough to prevent access by children, on shelves high enough to prevent access by children, or in locked cabinets.
• Access to the basement stairs will be prevented with a door at the top of the stairs.
• Access to the bathroom by younger children will be prevented by keeping the door closed at all times when they are present.

Exterior:

• The traffic on Any Street is a concern, and parents are aware that the children need to be supervised when leaving and entering the daycare home.
• Any use of the backyard by children will be supervised at all times by the caregiver.
• Access to the garage will be prevented by keeping the doors closed and locked at all times.
Reply
dgage2122 03:16 PM 12-05-2013
I'm at the stage where i need a hazard plan for my home daycare
Can sombody please help me out and email me a sample of a plan
that has past. dgage2122@yahoo.com Thanks in advance
Reply
Cama27 10:17 PM 01-28-2014
would somebody help me with this forum? I just sign in and I got the email but I don't know where to put the activation ID.
Please Help!!!!
e-mail me mapac75@gmail.com
Reply
Blackcat31 08:06 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Cama27:
would somebody help me with this forum? I just sign in and I got the email but I don't know where to put the activation ID.
Please Help!!!!
e-mail me mapac75@gmail.com
You are registered and active. You are free to post.
Reply
charm 10:57 PM 02-25-2014
I'M IN THE FINAL PROCESS OF MY LICENSING I SUBMITTED MY HAZARDOUS PLAN (This is for the state of Illinois)HOWEVER IT WAS RETURN BY MY REP SHE STATED IT NEEDED TO BE OUTLINE CAN SOME PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE HELP WITH THIS CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A COPY OF THEIR HAZARDOUS PLAN @charmingchildcare@yahoo.com .SO I CAN GET AN UNDERSTANDING OF THIS pulling my hair!!!!!
Reply
ladymusic 08:00 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by misol:
Not sure what you mean. Would this be the same as an emergency preparedness plan?
PLease send me a copy I need help!
Reply
Hugs and Kisses 05:54 AM 07-14-2014
I am working on a Hazard Protection Plan for a new home daycare. Can someone please email or help me with it. I am new to this and I am trying to get license. Thank! hugsandkisseshomedaycare@gmail.com
Reply
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by Hugs and Kisses:
I am working on a Hazard Protection Plan for a new home daycare. Can someone please email or help me with it. I am new to this and I am trying to get license. Thank! hugsandkisseshomedaycare@gmail.com
This is an old thread so the original poster is no longer active on the forum.

I do believe that there is an example of a hazardous protection plan posted as an example a couple of posts prior to yours in this same thread.

Here is the quoted post

Originally Posted by Michael:
I copied it's content for you:

XYZ Daycare
111 Any Street
My Town, IL 66666
EIN: 00-0000000
(123) 456-7890

Hazard Protection Plan

Part 406 Licensing Standards for Daycare Homes Section 406.4(b)

Interior:

• All outlets will be equipped with either outlet plugs or self-closing outlet covers.
• All cleaning products, chemicals, medications and/or other hazardous materials will be stored in cabinets high enough to prevent access by children, on shelves high enough to prevent access by children, or in locked cabinets.
• Access to the basement stairs will be prevented with a door at the top of the stairs.
• Access to the bathroom by younger children will be prevented by keeping the door closed at all times when they are present.

Exterior:

• The traffic on Any Street is a concern, and parents are aware that the children need to be supervised when leaving and entering the daycare home.
• Any use of the backyard by children will be supervised at all times by the caregiver.
• Access to the garage will be prevented by keeping the doors closed and locked at all times.

Reply
erickacarter 10:45 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by broncomom1973:
I would be interested in seeing one too if anyone wants to post something on this thread.
Please assist me with providing me an example of a Hazard Plan.
Reply
Blackcat31 05:51 PM 07-26-2014
Originally Posted by erickacarter:
Please assist me with providing me an example of a Hazard Plan.
There is an example right above your post^^
Reply
Tags:disaster plan, emergencies, emergency plan, emergency preparedness plan, hazardous protection plan
Reply Up