Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking It's Time to Walk Away
MsMe 04:16 PM 08-15-2011
Everytime I think a parent can't do anything I havent seen before.....THEY DO.

Long story short....I think I am close to closing down. It would be a HUGE process (sell the daycare) and I what else I would do. I have my CDA and 20hr of early childhood...but no other education...so another well paying job may be hard to find.

I am willing to risk it all to get away from these parents. They treat me well for the most part but they stress me out when I have to keep setting bounderies and telling them no when they try to take advantage of me. Since I grew my backbone and stopped bending over backwards for them I thought it would be less stressfull , but its not now I just have to tell them no over and over.
Cat Herder 04:24 PM 08-15-2011
You may have to start with a clean slate.

Do you have any families who have ever gotten a YES to a NO question?

I recommend putting it on the calendar....

Also remember that the holidays are coming... Starting a new job makes you low man on the totem pole.

Are these families who refuse to follow your policies worth possibly ruining your holiday plans?

"Edit" your roster one family at a time if need be.
PitterPatter 04:55 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
Everytime I think a parent can't do anything I havent seen before.....THEY DO.

Long story short....I think I am close to closing down. It would be a HUGE process (sell the daycare) and I what else I would do. I have my CDA and 20hr of early childhood...but no other education...so another well paying job may be hard to find.

I am willing to risk it all to get away from these parents. They treat me well for the most part but they stress me out when I have to keep setting bounderies and telling them no when they try to take advantage of me. Since I grew my backbone and stopped bending over backwards for them I thought it would be less stressfull , but its not now I just have to tell them no over and over.
Sorry u are having such a hard time. In my opinion I think it would be hard to start a new job. Is this your only income? This is my only income but if it wasn't, I would term each and every parent who shows disrespect and get a whole new group if need be. I have been down and stressed to the point of depression but I know this is what I have to stick with, so I just manage to work thru and termed my MAJOR pain in the arse DCM even tho it meant losing money. I would start interviewing new clients and let them know up front u are very strict with your policies and no exceptions will be made. The 1st time they try it pounce like a tiger!

I wish u luck in whatever u decide!
Tags:parents - ask too much, provider - burnout risk, taking advantage
Reply Up