Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Intent to Continue Care Template
SnowGirl 09:40 AM 04-09-2019
Hi! it's been awhile, hope everyone is doing well. I have a family where I'm not sure if they intend to continue through the summer or not. I've been getting inquiries about care starting in July, so I want to get a feel for whether my current families intend to continue care after the school year ends. I'm having trouble finding sample letters I can send home to ask about this. Does anyone have something they use?
happymom 09:50 AM 04-09-2019
My child's school sends this letter:

It is already time to think about enrollment for next year! The current enrollment period closes this Thursday, February 28, so remind your friends, family and neighbors to apply! All current "Name of School" students will need to fill out an Intent to Re-enroll form by Thursday as well. This helps us know how many new students we need to accept for next year. If at any point during the remainder of the school year or summer your plans to attend "Name of School" change, please email us so we can adjust accordingly. Remember this is all due by Thursday, February 28!!

And there is a link to a form where you fill out the parent names, child name, and email address.
LittleExplorers 11:15 AM 04-09-2019
I sent out a basic form and gave my families 1 month to return it. Most did so sooner. I run on the school calendar and started getting a lot of inquiries. I knew one current family, possibly 2 were considering moving or job changes. I let them know I have a waiting list and would start contacting those on the list after the deadline.

There were three options. 1. I plan to return next fall with no schedule changes. 2. My needs are changing and I do not plan to return. 3. My needs are changing and I would like to submit the following changes to be considered: x

I made sure to notate any changes would be considered and not guaranteed as well as reminded them their 2 week fee was due by June 1. It applies towards August care only if they return as scheduled. This weeds out any that still aren't sure.
AmyKidsCo 12:31 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
I sent out a basic form and gave my families 1 month to return it. Most did so sooner. I run on the school calendar and started getting a lot of inquiries. I knew one current family, possibly 2 were considering moving or job changes. I let them know I have a waiting list and would start contacting those on the list after the deadline.

There were three options. 1. I plan to return next fall with no schedule changes. 2. My needs are changing and I do not plan to return. 3. My needs are changing and I would like to submit the following changes to be considered: x

I made sure to notate any changes would be considered and not guaranteed as well as reminded them their 2 week fee was due by June 1. It applies towards August care only if they return as scheduled. This weeds out any that still aren't sure.
My friend runs year-round but has separate contracts for school year and summer so parents can change hours for summer if needed.
Tags:enrollment form, letter samples, notices
Reply Up