Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ignorant People
Unregistered 10:12 AM 12-30-2013
This is so off topic from daycare but the only place I can vent without someone seeing. Do you ever feel like you outgrow friends? Like all of a sudden you see them in a new light and you really don't like them. They just are not very caring people?

I have some friends that are being greatly affected by this Obama care. I don't want to start a debate about it but one friend is suffering from cancer. She can NOT work. She is a single mother but owns her own business. Well because she was so successsful before she got cancer now she can't get insurance and has to pay almost $180 a month for insurance plus co pays and such. She was in tears, just can't afford that plus rent and such. She already lost her car. I have another friend that was laid off. Rumor was because the employer didn't want to offer health insurance. So she is on unemployment and makes too much for assistance. But on unemployment doesn't make enough to cover insurance premiums.

So I was telling this friend that my heart breaks for them and I wish this plan had been thought out better for middle class families. Her response was so uncaring! She said it wasn't her problem and these people should have saved better, gotten an education or find a job that offers benefits. I'm in shock! A single mom with cancer can't get a better job, has blown thru her savings on chemo and radiation and it's not her fault she didn't get an education. This friend does daycare and has like 14 kids so she makes good money and just always feels she's so much better than everyone. All of conversations lately have to do with what she bought, what vacation she's planning, how much money she's making because she has all these kids. It's just sickening! Does she not realize she could get cancer, her husband could die, the economy could really tank and she has no kids to watch?? She is one bad experience away from living check to check or dipping into her savings.

My husband has never liked her and now I'm wondering what drew me to her. I pray I don't sound so ignorant with the things coming out of my mouth Sorry just needed to vent. I just feel I need to surround myself to nice caring decent people.
sharlan 10:17 AM 12-30-2013
It really sounds like your "soon to be former friend" has some issues of her own. It's really time for you to just walk away.

The friend with cancer should check out your state health program. In CA, it's Medi-Cal.

Dealing with the issues of "Obamacare" I can really empathize with your friends. We don't make enough money for subsidized insurance, but we have too many assets for Medi-Cal. We're in a catch 22 type of situation.
Unregistered 10:39 AM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is so off topic from daycare but the only place I can vent without someone seeing. Do you ever feel like you outgrow friends? Like all of a sudden you see them in a new light and you really don't like them. They just are not very caring people?

I have some friends that are being greatly affected by this Obama care. I don't want to start a debate about it but one friend is suffering from cancer. She can NOT work. She is a single mother but owns her own business. Well because she was so successsful before she got cancer now she can't get insurance and has to pay almost $180 a month for insurance plus co pays and such. She was in tears, just can't afford that plus rent and such. She already lost her car. I have another friend that was laid off. Rumor was because the employer didn't want to offer health insurance. So she is on unemployment and makes too much for assistance. But on unemployment doesn't make enough to cover insurance premiums.

So I was telling this friend that my heart breaks for them and I wish this plan had been thought out better for middle class families. Her response was so uncaring! She said it wasn't her problem and these people should have saved better, gotten an education or find a job that offers benefits. I'm in shock! A single mom with cancer can't get a better job, has blown thru her savings on chemo and radiation and it's not her fault she didn't get an education. This friend does daycare and has like 14 kids so she makes good money and just always feels she's so much better than everyone. All of conversations lately have to do with what she bought, what vacation she's planning, how much money she's making because she has all these kids. It's just sickening! Does she not realize she could get cancer, her husband could die, the economy could really tank and she has no kids to watch?? She is one bad experience away from living check to check or dipping into her savings.

My husband has never liked her and now I'm wondering what drew me to her. I pray I don't sound so ignorant with the things coming out of my mouth Sorry just needed to vent. I just feel I need to surround myself to nice caring decent people.
Karma comes to people like her. I hate "perfect" people whose lives are perfect and nothing every goes wrong (ya right, lol) and their you know what don't stink. I would cut the strings, no referring to her (since you don't want ignorant views being taught to DCK's) and call it a day! With friends like her, who needs enemies? For all you know, she's talked about you to others with things you may disagree about and no one needs that kind of drama.
cheerfuldom 11:13 AM 12-30-2013
She sounds very prideful, ignorant and immature. You are right, anyone is one catastrophe away from losing everything. We never know what tomorrow may hold for us. I think you should create some distance with this person and focus on people that value your friendship and that are mature and loving people. Life is too short to waste time on people that talk about themselves and put down others, kicking people when they are already down. Nothing is going to change her mind but some hard knocks in life.
Unregistered 11:23 AM 12-30-2013
Thank you, I feel better! I was stressing I was taking it too personal or being over emotional. I really felt like she was attacking my friends though is what it came down to.

Your right though, I don't wish bad things on her but unfortunately a good dose of karma would be the only thing to change her view point
KidGrind 01:52 AM 12-31-2013

I’ve witnessed people experience similar circumstances since Jimmy Carter was President. It’s unfortunate but part of life and has been happening long before health insurance reform.

It’s unfortunate your friend seems to lack compassion for others. Yet, she is entitled to her opinion. If a person doesn’t add to your life in a positive way & they’re not crucial to your existence, I’d cut ties.
Lil'DinoEggs 02:34 AM 12-31-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I’ve witnessed people experience similar experiences since Jimmy Carter was President. It’s unfortunate but part of life and has been happening long before health insurance reform.

It’s unfortunate your friend seems to lack compassion for others. Yet, she is entitled to her opinion. If a person doesn’t add to your life in a positive way & they’re not crucial to your existence, I’d cut ties.
Nicely put.
Laurel 04:34 AM 12-31-2013

Yeah, I can't stand the "it is their own fault" crowd who don't seem to realize that bad things happen to good people.

Why surround yourself with her jibber jabber? Let some other poor sap listen to it. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Laurel
Reply Up