Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Most Embarrassing Thing Your Child Has Done ...
midaycare 08:13 AM 07-30-2014
So what's the most embarrassing thing your child has done in front of dcp's? Last week I had a dcb starting and on his first day my DS comes down in his pajamas as dcb and dcd are arriving. My DS let's go the biggest, wettest toot you have ever heard. And then he follows it up by not one, but TWO more that were each worse than the last one.

I was mortified.
Tdhmom 08:24 AM 07-30-2014
Yesterday while my only dck's are being picked up, I'm explaining how everyone had a pretty grouchy day and I was saying how I'm ready for school! My lovely son who's getting ready to enter kindergarten pipes up "I can't wait to not be around those twins all day"...he said it under his breath so I acted as though it was never said
BabyMonkeys 08:28 AM 07-30-2014
My husband is Puerto Rican. When my son was about 4, he asked "am I 1/2 Puerto Rican 1/2 human" to a room full of Puerto Ricans. Thankfully almost everyone was choking laughing. His 80 year old great grandfather not so much. He is 13 now and at every family get together someone brings that up.
midaycare 08:29 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Yesterday while my only dck's are being picked up, I'm explaining how everyone had a pretty grouchy day and I was saying how I'm ready for school! My lovely son who's getting ready to enter kindergarten pipes up "I can't wait to not be around those twins all day"...he said it under his breath so I acted as though it was never said
Oh my goodness, ha ha ha. I'm so glad he said it quietly. My DS is starting to feel that way, too. All the kids follow him around all day and it drives him nuts.
nothingwithoutjoy 08:31 AM 07-30-2014
Hit a girl when she was visiting with her mom to consider my program! I guess I handled it ok, because they took the spot, but oh, boy, was I mortified!
Cat Herder 08:59 AM 07-30-2014
Told a daycare parent he did not like their son because he (their kid) was a bully.

Lesson learned by DCP? Don't ask a kid a question you don't want to know the answer to. Kids tell it straight.
midaycare 09:16 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
My husband is Puerto Rican. When my son was about 4, he asked "am I 1/2 Puerto Rican 1/2 human" to a room full of Puerto Ricans. Thankfully almost everyone was choking laughing. His 80 year old great grandfather not so much. He is 13 now and at every family get together someone brings that up.
Awe! I hope you told him he was 100% cute
GKJNIGMN 09:17 AM 07-30-2014
My DS who was 3 at the time was always grabbing onto me and generally in my face when people arrived to pick up or drop off. At one pickup, he went to climb up on me and pulled my pants down so my behind was hanging out in front of a DCM. I still see her everyday but it is less awkward now.
midaycare 09:27 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Told a daycare parent he did not like their son because he (their kid) was a bully.

Lesson learned by DCP? Don't ask a kid a question you don't want to know the answer to. Kids tell it straight.
I would be giving him a secret high five in my head after that, lol.
hope 09:28 AM 07-30-2014
I play songs on my phone for the kids to dance to. My DD likes some of the newer pop songs that I have to go onto YouTube to play. I don't want the kids to see the video because the girls are not dressed modestly so I cover the phone and play the songs.
So one day as the kids were dancing and a dcm was watching my DS asked me if there were "boo boos" on my phone. I knew what he meant but I tried to play it off like he really meant boo boos like a cut or wound. He was a wise one that day and walked up to me and pointed to my two boo boos to explain what he meant. I had to then explain to the dcm....she was not offended.
DaveA 10:07 AM 07-30-2014
Daughter (8) walked through the house butt naked while DCM was dropping off. Her reason- "I'm taking a shower. I need an umbrella so I don't get my hair wet!"
Bookworm 02:48 PM 07-30-2014
This happened at my DD's second birthday party where her fellow DCKs and their parents were there as well as DD's DC caregiver. The party was at my house and while the kids were playing games in the den, DD gets up on the coffee table, pulled off her pants and undies and proceeded to march up and down the table saying, "s***, s***, s*** repeatedly as loud as she could. I prayed for the floor to open up and take me. Everyone else thought it was funny after the initial shock.
TwinKristi 02:59 PM 07-30-2014
Once during an interview my newly potty trained son pulled his pants down and peed in the toy coffee pot in the play kitchen, right in the middle of my living room! It also has holes in it so there's pee all over the carpet! I grabbed a towel and put it down and put the toy in the sink but omg I know my face had to be beet red! I didn't get that family but I don't think that's why. They found someone in their home town instead of work town so Gma and dad can pick up easily. Dad thought it was pretty funny and mom said she's sure once her DS starts potty training they'll be in for all sorts of fun! LOL
Blackcat31 03:05 PM 07-30-2014
My DS (at 4 yrs old) once told a daycare mom she had "bad air" (bad breath).

DCM was awesome about it and just apologized to my DS but of course, my DS couldn't leave it alone and told her that not only should she use mouth wash for her bad air but that she should brush better too; because some of her teeth were kinda yellow.
Play Care 03:22 PM 07-30-2014
I was telling a dcm that her child had had a pretty good day, when my then 3 yo dd says "no he didn't! He was AWFUL!!"

basically I wouldn't let her take toys from him that day, which was naturally his fault
Josiegirl 04:30 PM 07-30-2014
Kids are awesome at embarrassing us, it's their job.
I took my 5 yo to the pedi for a check-up. She was being totally obnoxious, she had it down to a science at that age. She wouldn't listen to me, she was being very...ahem...bratty. Then she pipes up and says "My mom doesn't like you!"

I remember one day dcps were picking up their kids, she was(as usual) being a lil bum so I sent her into her room, big mistake. It was right beside where the front door is. She started kicking her wall like crazy. I can remember looking at dcps and saying 'aren't you glad she's not yours?'

Now she's 23 and remembers very clearly some of these instances. But then it's not like I'm letting her forget.
daycare 05:10 PM 07-30-2014
perhaps it was the time my youngest wore my bra on the top of his head like a hat while a dcd was dropping off. I never did laundry again in the morning with him.
midaycare 05:51 PM 07-30-2014
These stories are too funny! I needed these laughs after my day
Butter Biskets 05:55 PM 07-30-2014
I probably shouldn't tell this story, but none of you know me, so....I was doing an interview with a potential family and was taking them around the house for the tour and stopped by my kids' rooms to make intro's. Stupid me just opened the door of my oldest son's room and he is, how to put this nicely, pleasuring himself. OMG!! Mortifying. I acted like I didn't see anything, but it was pretty clear. I no longer try to introduce my kids and I don't ever open doors without knocking first. And no, I didn't sign that family, not because of that, just because the dad was a control freak.
CraftyMom 06:19 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by KellyinCalgary:
I probably shouldn't tell this story, but none of you know me, so....I was doing an interview with a potential family and was taking them around the house for the tour and stopped by my kids' rooms to make intro's. Stupid me just opened the door of my oldest son's room and he is, how to put this nicely, pleasuring himself. OMG!! Mortifying. I acted like I didn't see anything, but it was pretty clear. I no longer try to introduce my kids and I don't ever open doors without knocking first. And no, I didn't sign that family, not because of that, just because the dad was a control freak.
Your poor son!
CraftyMom 06:23 PM 07-30-2014
I have many, since my now 6 yo is not shy and talks too much with no filter on her thoughts.

One time when it was particularly whiny, difficult 2 yo dcb's last day she says right in front of his dad at pick up "It's dcb's last day here! We should have a party!" I thought quick and said "Oh, you mean a going away party? Yes, we'll miss him! Goodbyes are hard" then I turned to dad and said "Any excuse to have a party!"

Totally not what she meant, and yes I wanted to have a party
Janiam 07:36 PM 07-30-2014
When DD was abot 6 she answered the phone and it was a DCM, she brings me the phone and says loudly "mom, it's weirdo"! Thanks honey.
daycare 08:01 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Janiam:
When DD was abot 6 she answered the phone and it was a DCM, she brings me the phone and says loudly "mom, it's weirdo"! Thanks honey.
lol that is too funny.

I love how honest kids are...
Bookworm 08:43 PM 07-30-2014
Best story so far!
Unregistered 09:51 PM 07-30-2014
One that I laugh at now is when she was a toddler and pick up time was taking way too long one night. She went and collected parent & kids shoes and coats, chucked them at their feet & glared at them. She proceeded to try and shove the stuff on them.

Message was very clear "GET OUT NOW!"
DaveA 03:49 AM 07-31-2014
OUCH!
midaycare 05:24 AM 07-31-2014
I bet your DS his in his room for awhile after that!
melilley 10:28 AM 07-31-2014
When dd was around 3 or 4, we were in the lingerie section at a department store. We got to the bra section and dd started pointing at the bra's and started yelling "mom, boobies, look, boobies"!
melilley 10:29 AM 07-31-2014
I'm laughing so hard at all of these, but this one takes the cake!
Kimskiddos 01:38 PM 07-31-2014
This didn't happen at my daycare but at my dd's school. It was back to school night for my 1st grader and they had just had a week of the DARE program. My darling, NOT 6yo stood up and announced to the entire class of kids, parents and teacher that my mom does drugs! I was a cigarette smoker at the time and that is what she was referring to. I was mortified and not surprisingly quit smoking soon after that.
CedarCreek 02:10 PM 07-31-2014
My oldest DS was pouting one morning because he didnt want to go to school. As a DCM was dropping off she asked him what was wrong to which he replied, "I have to go to school and Mom always hits me!" WHAT?!!

I'm a believer in not spanking unless its for serious offenses so I have NO IDEA where that came from! I was mortified and assured DCM that we DO NOT beat our children.

And the other day, I was at the neurologist for my same DS. While we were talking, my DS interrupted us to let me know that I had some acne on my forehead. Thanks, son.
crazydaycarelady 02:14 PM 07-31-2014
I had a drop in kid for one day so I wasn't used to him and he wasn't used to our house. He ended up "sampling" the dog food ! I wasn't going to mention it to dcm but my ds told her all about it!
midaycare 06:30 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I had a drop in kid for one day so I wasn't used to him and he wasn't used to our house. He ended up "sampling" the dog food ! I wasn't going to mention it to dcm but my ds told her all about it!
Bwah ha ha! This is my fear with our dog and dog food.
midaycare 06:36 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
This didn't happen at my daycare but at my dd's school. It was back to school night for my 1st grader and they had just had a week of the DARE program. My darling, NOT 6yo stood up and announced to the entire class of kids, parents and teacher that my mom does drugs! I was a cigarette smoker at the time and that is what she was referring to. I was mortified and not surprisingly quit smoking soon after that.
I would have just died.
Reply Up