Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Has Poop Become Such A Big Deal!!!!
Unregistered 01:27 PM 12-14-2018
I don't know if this is a cultural thing but I have two East indian families that are hyper-focused on whether their child goes poop here or not. They will drop off in the morning telling the kds to make sure and poop today, they will text me twice ( x two families) during the day to see if they have and are really upset at the end of the day if they have not. These are two separate unrelated families. I found out one kid is expected to poop at least twice a day and if he doesn't they start pushing the laxatives and prune juice. I even caught them doing it in the car in my driveway.

On a side note neither one of them EVER poops at my house and this is very concerning to the moms. I told them I can't make them or stop them from pooping, it is up to their own bodies. If I knew a trick to stopping from kids from pooping at my house I would definitely start doing it. My house would smell so much better.

I always get the disappointed look at night when I tell them they haven't pooped and feel like they are accusing me of stopping it somehow.

One of the girls is a tiny little thing that only drinks pediasure at my house. If I can convince her to eat anything she stores it in her cheeks and I have to dig it out after the meal. So I get why she isn't pooping, no solid food in her life. Funny enough the other little girl is also a food squirrel and will hold anything she doesn't like in her cheeks too. So weird.
CountryRoads 01:36 PM 12-14-2018
How odd!

Maybe they just want their kids to poop at your house so they don't have to deal with it haha

I have a dcm who feels the need to tell me every morning whether their child pooped the night before or in the morning. After the weekend, I always know what days he pooped and how many times

People are strange.
MomBoss 01:41 PM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't know if this is a cultural thing but I have two East indian families that are hyper-focused on whether their child goes poop here or not. They will drop off in the morning telling the kds to make sure and poop today, they will text me twice ( x two families) during the day to see if they have and are really upset at the end of the day if they have not. These are two separate unrelated families. I found out one kid is expected to poop at least twice a day and if he doesn't they start pushing the laxatives and prune juice. I even caught them doing it in the car in my driveway.

On a side note neither one of them EVER poops at my house and this is very concerning to the moms. I told them I can't make them or stop them from pooping, it is up to their own bodies. If I knew a trick to stopping from kids from pooping at my house I would definitely start doing it. My house would smell so much better.

I always get the disappointed look at night when I tell them they haven't pooped and feel like they are accusing me of stopping it somehow.

One of the girls is a tiny little thing that only drinks pediasure at my house. If I can convince her to eat anything she stores it in her cheeks and I have to dig it out after the meal. So I get why she isn't pooping, no solid food in her life. Funny enough the other little girl is also a food squirrel and will hold anything she doesn't like in her cheeks too. So weird.
Stuffing their cheeks is very common with that culture, in my experience. I used to work at an all indian center. We were expected to spoon feed/force feed 4 year olds. They had a lot of problems with food and lacked independance in feeding themselves.
happymom 03:03 PM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If I knew a trick to stopping from kids from pooping at my house I would definitely start doing it. My house would smell so much better.
I have no advice but I died laughing at this!
Josiegirl 03:04 AM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Stuffing their cheeks is very common with that culture, in my experience. I used to work at an all indian center. We were expected to spoon feed/force feed 4 year olds. They had a lot of problems with food and lacked independance in feeding themselves.
I wonder why that is?? I'm just curious is all. My SIL did that with her son, well into his 4's and I had just never seen anyone else do that before. It definitely wasn't a culture thing with her; she just was on her ds for every thing every minute, wouldn't let him sneeze without being hovering about it.
nanglgrl 10:12 AM 12-17-2018
The last Indian family I had spoon fed their child and brought al of his food from home. It was all mashed. He was unable to feed himself at 2.5. I respected that it was a cultural thing and fed him. However, in the future I would ask families because feeding children is not something I do. I don’t take infants and I live teaching self help skills!

I don’t remember how they were with his poop but have had many families in the last 5 years that spend a lot of time tracking their child’s bowel movements. It’s odd to me. I think their must be some parenting book out their that has convinced them children will die a horrible death if they don’t stick to a certain schedule..at least that’s the only reason I can think for people texting me at odd hours asking about poop and giving their children laxatives or prune juice. On the other hand I’ve seen a lot of children with constipation issues in the last 5 years but they always seem to be the children who were force potty trained and don’t know how to listen to their bodies...they also have random pee accidents well beyond the age those should have stopped.
Tags:poop
Reply Up