Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Daughter's Webisode - Regrets and Girls
Michael 05:20 PM 07-12-2013
For those of you that followed our production of Regrets and Girls we finished the final episode.

Regrets and Girls was started by my daughter Jessica who, at 12 years old, wanted to write a script about girlfriends and bullying. Over the 10 episodes she/we learned a lot about how much hard work and effort was needed to complete it.

This one is called CODE BLUE

http://youtu.be/AY_moqBY8AU

Blackcat31 07:52 AM 07-13-2013
She grows and matures with every episode. I can't believe how talented she is. I know you are proud and you should be!
Michael 12:34 PM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
She grows and matures with every episode. I can't believe how talented she is. I know you are proud and you should be!
I am glad we are homeschooling our daughter and she is not in public school. A few of the other girls are actually being teased about them doing the webisode.
Blackcat31 12:53 PM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
I am glad we are homeschooling our daughter and she is not in public school. A few of the other girls are actually being teased about them doing the webisode.
It's astounding how mean kids can be....

Hopefully just being a part of your DD's webisode's has given those girls the tools they need to deal with their bullies...
MarinaVanessa 04:03 PM 07-15-2013
I have a feeling that even if your DD went to public school and was made fun of for the webisode that she would take it in stride. It sounds like she's a well-rounded girl and you guys did a great job with her.

Hopefully the other girls don't take it to heart. I used to dance Folkloric (think mexican hat dance/mariachi type) and I danced in the quad once during multicultural week and got made fun of (no one knew I did it). The sad part was that it was by people that were also mexican ... whatev, I was proud of my ethnic background and cultural history. I hope the girls are proud of what they are doing and that they don't stop just because kids are cruel .
Michael 07:06 PM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I have a feeling that even if your DD went to public school and was made fun of for the webisode that she would take it in stride. It sounds like she's a well-rounded girl and you guys did a great job with her.

Hopefully the other girls don't take it to heart. I used to dance Folkloric (think mexican hat dance/mariachi type) and I danced in the quad once during multicultural week and got made fun of (no one knew I did it). The sad part was that it was by people that were also mexican ... whatev, I was proud of my ethnic background and cultural history. I hope the girls are proud of what they are doing and that they don't stop just because kids are cruel .
Thanks. I understand the cultural downside also. Being Italian, I use to play the accordion. Even played an accordion with my left hand for bass and a Hammond organ with the other in a band . I did get my fair share of hell during high school. Maybe that is why never dated until I switched to guitar. The school environment these days are just as tough. I think we would have a much more diverse culture if we allowed kids to challenge themselves, with whatever interests them, in a positive environment. Sadly, that just does not fit so well in today's public school system. IMO
MarinaVanessa 09:54 PM 07-15-2013
Thanks. I understand the cultural downside also. Being Italian, I use to play the accordion. Even played an accordion with my left hand for bass and a Hammond organ with the other in a band . I did get my fair share of hell during high school. Maybe that is why never dated until I switched to guitar. The school environment these days are just as tough. I think we would have a much more diverse culture if we allowed kids to challenge themselves, with whatever interests them, in a positive environment. Sadly, that just does not fit so well in today's public school system. IMO
I agree, which is why I think your DD is lucky. Maybe her friends should direct the kids that are making fun of them to your DD's bullying video
Michael 11:43 PM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I agree, which is why I think your DD is lucky. Maybe her friends should direct the kids that are making fun of them to your DD's bullying video
That is why they are teasing them. BECAUSE of the webisode. Can you believe it??
originalkat 05:22 AM 07-16-2013
I didn't watch all the episodes, but hearing about how your daughters friends have been made fun of for making something as cool as these webisodes makes me glad we are homeschooling and encourages me to continue into high school. Thanks for sharing Micheal.
Meeko 09:15 AM 07-16-2013
The avatar photo is sooo cute, Michael! Something tells me you're kinda fond of each other

You must be very proud of her. Good for her making a difference!
Michael 12:11 PM 07-16-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I didn't watch all the episodes, but hearing about how your daughters friends have been made fun of for making something as cool as these webisodes makes me glad we are homeschooling and encourages me to continue into high school. Thanks for sharing Micheal.
I believe Homeschooling should be an option for parents and encouraged by our states and federal government. Many states see it as a negative and some even see it as child abuse. Our son Jonathan was homeschooled and is working at NASA over the summer. We gave him a high school diploma from our own home school. Mind you, it was tough getting home into college and the government never gives tax breaks on the money we spent over the years for both children. It is a burden that is well worth the sacrifice.

Originally Posted by Meeko:
The avatar photo is sooo cute, Michael! Something tells me you're kinda fond of each other

You must be very proud of her. Good for her making a difference!
Thanks. Jessica is the extraverted one for sure. We try to keep her feet on the ground. I really don't like the business she has chosen but we will support and protect her.
Tags:bullying, webisode
Reply Up