Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tax Costs
Jones 12:29 PM 06-27-2017
Hi, I hope I am not violating any rules by asking this question.

For years my husband has done our own taxes, but recently, we decided to have someone else do them. The tax consultant (not CPA) is charging us $325. I read about 6 pages back, one person talked about paying about $200 and another $600. Just curious... I am not asking people to state what they are paying, but if people could respond if they think this is right on, high, or low, that would be great.

Thanks
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Jones:

For years my husband has done our own taxes, but recently, we decided to have someone else do them. The tax consultant (not CPA) is charging us $325. I read about 6 pages back, one person talked about paying about $200 and another $600. Just curious... I am not asking people to state what they are paying, but if people could respond if they think this is right on, high, or low, that would be great.

Thanks
I think it depends.

My husband and I are both self employed so the amount of work my accountant has to do in comparison to someone else is probably different. Mine charges a base rate and then a fee for each form she has to do.

My yearly cost for having my taxes prepared are around $200-300 per year.

However, I have friends that are both self-employed as well and their cost (different accountant) is upwards towards $500.

So I think you are going to get very varied answers.
Jones 01:29 PM 06-27-2017
Thanks.... my husbands not self employed, but your right, sounds like it could be varied greatly.
TomCopeland 02:34 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Jones:

Thanks
$325 is very reasonable. Tax preparation fees can vary for a variety of reasons: your personal circumstances (tax credits, children, medical expenses, investments, owing property, unusual circumstances, etc.). It can also vary by state and location (cost of living).
Jones 09:01 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
$325 is very reasonable. Tax preparation fees can vary for a variety of reasons: your personal circumstances (tax credits, children, medical expenses, investments, owing property, unusual circumstances, etc.). It can also vary by state and location (cost of living).
Thank you for the reply!!
daycarediva 01:01 PM 06-28-2017
We have a regular accountant/CPA that handles our 'books' (dh's business, my business, tax liabilities and cuts our checks for ourselves and employees) now, but we still do our own taxes. He reviews them for me only and charges $150 to do so.

SO yep, I think you're getting a deal.
Reply Up