Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update On My Screamer
marniewon 11:57 PM 12-18-2010
A couple weeks ago I posted asking for help with my non-napping screamer. I got some really great advice, and was giving him until the end of this month to get out of this phase he was in (or whatever it was) before letting the parents know that i could no longer care for him. However, no matter how bad it got during the day (constant screaming, keeping everyone else up at nap, whining, chasing him, rescuing others from him, etc) and no matter how much I wanted to term him, I just couldn't bring myself to actually do it. This is the family who, when I asked about napping habits at home, to try to help him here, mom decided that either I didn't want him here or couldn't handle him and started making noises about pulling him - to either put him in a place with MORE kids his age OR with his grandparents (one on one care). Nan helped me see they were probably gearing up to pull him to save money with the grandparents, and I've been waiting for a while now for the other shoe to drop. Tonight, the other shoe dropped. I got an email:

M and I have decided to take C out of daycare for now. We have been talking about it for a little while now and have decided that it might be best for him to have the one on one care that he would get from having one of our parents watching him.

This has been a VERY hard decision to make because he has been coming to you for the last year and has grown to love you and your family. You have done a wonderful job taking care of him, helping him to grow and learn, and working with him (and us) on the struggles he has had these last couple of months with his napping/crankiness. We are hoping this change will be good for him and the added one on one care will help him out, but only time will tell. I do hope that, in the future, if we decided to put him back in daycare you would welcome him back if you had an opening.

I haven't responded to her yet, but I can't tell you how relieved I am to see an end in sight on this one. It is so stressful when he's here. And I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to tell her she can't bring him anymore. He has 5 more days here, because he's only coming Monday this week, and then I'm only open for 4 days between the holidays. I was almost expecting this, as I made new handbooks and new contracts for 2011, and I raised their rates by $10/week. She'd been paying the lesser amount for over a year now, and I wanted to get her to my regular full time rate. I probably wouldn't have raised the rates if it was someone I really wanted to keep, but with all the issues, and with her thoughts of pulling him anyway, I thought it wouldn't hurt.

So thanks to all of you who responded to my endless questions and wishy-washiness (lol).
MyAngels 05:27 AM 12-19-2010
It sounds like it has worked out for the both of you, so that's good. Sounds like some peace and quiet is in your future .
Live and Learn 08:49 AM 12-19-2010
Marnie won....I have been keeping my fingers crossed for you and this lil guy. I am so glad that it all worked out for everyone.
The screamer I termed 2 weeks ago had his last day Friday....the parents and I left on really good terms....and they are in the process of getting a nanny for him.....We both get to start the new year peacefully!!
marniewon 04:58 AM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
It sounds like it has worked out for the both of you, so that's good. Sounds like some peace and quiet is in your future .
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
Marnie won....I have been keeping my fingers crossed for you and this lil guy. I am so glad that it all worked out for everyone.
The screamer I termed 2 weeks ago had his last day Friday....the parents and I left on really good terms....and they are in the process of getting a nanny for him.....We both get to start the new year peacefully!!
Thanks ladies - I'm really looking forward to a calmer day care
Lilbutterflie 05:21 AM 12-20-2010
It's always great to see situations that end well for everyone! So happy for you! I hope you are able to find a wonderful child and family to replace them.
Tags:screaming
Reply Up