Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>What to Do With School-Agers?
texasgal 07:36 AM 03-12-2013
My youngest is 4 and my oldest is 8, all girls except for one boy. What are some fun ideas I could do with them? Any activities, arts and crafts, relating spring break/easter?
LittleD 07:22 PM 03-12-2013
We took cardboard boxes and made teddy bear houses. I cut out windows and doors, they coloured the outside and drew tvs and couches inside. I glued rugs (with felt pieces) and they made beds. I had 6 kids doing this and it lasted about an hour and a half. They kept getting more fancy. Then they built a village with all of the boxes and played with them! Good times!

Science experiments (Google for some good ideas) Talk about the experiment and have them draw/write what they think the outcome will be followed by the observations.
AfterSchoolMom 04:32 AM 03-13-2013
Easter egg clue hunt! I did this with my SA's and they LOVED it. I made about twenty clues (that all rhymed, that was a challene, lol) and they had to go from one place to another to find the next one...inside, outside, room to room, etc. At the end, the last clue led them to little easter baskets filled with treats. They wanted to do it again as soon as we were done.

Egg hunts are fun too. We've also grown "plants" with beans in a clear plastic cup (with a wet paper towel - so they can see how the seed grows). We've made candy, done origami bookmarks, marble painting (put paint on a piece of paper in an empty pizza box and add a couple of marbles, close the box and shake/twist the box around to create art). I have a hundred ideas, but I'm short on time right now...
Tags:school age
Reply Up