Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Capacity Question
K'sCare 08:33 AM 05-20-2015
My state allows up to three children without being certified or licensed. The families (two families, the husbands are brothers) each as one child, and one of the families has their second on the way...putting me at 3. The other family is looking to possibly have another child in a year or two. If so, that would put me at 4. Is this okay since they are part of the same family, and they are requesting that I care for their additional child? Is this something that a written contract would suffice and stand up in court in terms of being "over capacity"? I am new at this and would like any advice I can get!
Rockgirl 08:46 AM 05-20-2015
I would think if you're allowed up to 3, it wouldn't matter if the children are related to each other. If you're over 3 kids, you'd need to be registered or licensed. Are the children related to you? In some states, that does make a difference.
Thriftylady 10:16 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I would think if you're allowed up to 3, it wouldn't matter if the children are related to each other. If you're over 3 kids, you'd need to be registered or licensed. Are the children related to you? In some states, that does make a difference.
I agree. If the law is three and you have four it is likely you are breaking the law. I wouldn't plan on a baby that isn't on the way yet. Lots can happen.
AmyKidsCo 03:00 PM 05-20-2015
We have the same law here, and it's not OK to be over capacity for any reason. Sorry.
Tags:#asking for it, #futurecapacity, #samefamily
Reply Up