Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diapers
Unregistered 07:31 AM 12-07-2017
Mother has twice now accused me of not changing her kids diaper enough. Kid gets bad diaper rashes and I know they are not changing at home constantly! Monday morning there is a rash and I usually get it under control by mid week and start again on Monday. I change it immediately after she poops which is up to three times a day! So today I am leaving the bucket of her kids diapers on the front porch! Is that passive-aggressive? Any other advise?
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Mother has twice now accused me of not changing her kids diaper enough. Kid gets bad diaper rashes and I know they are not changing at home constantly! Monday morning there is a rash and I usually get it under control by mid week and start again on Monday. I change it immediately after she poops which is up to three times a day! So today I am leaving the bucket of her kids diapers on the front porch! Is that passive-aggressive? Any other advise?
FULL bottom inspection AT drop off BEFORE parent leaves.
Parent can change one last time upon drop off to ensure child was left in a clean diaper.
FULL bottom inspection AT pick up BEFORE parent takes child home. You can change child at that time as well so you KNOW child has gone home in a fresh diaper.

Do NOT accept child into care if there is presence of a rash.

Simply remove yourself from the situation and require "proof" of no rash before taking child under your care and before she is sent home.

That leaves ZERO room for parent to blame you for anything.
AmyKidsCo 07:42 AM 12-07-2017
Who supplies the diapers? If it's the parents I'd set a timer and change every hour, then record it on a daily sheet.
Cat Herder 07:43 AM 12-07-2017
False accusations are something I would not tolerate. It would be a liability, create resentment and mess with my calm.

That said if she simply asked how often you were changing, that is not really an accusation. Not everyone changes with the same frequency. Check out the threads from the search function, here. Interesting discussions.

Try what BC suggested. Make sure the diapers are the right size. If no resolution, term.
Unregistered 07:57 AM 12-07-2017
Thank you all!! I’ll use all your suggestions!! She supplies the diapers and they are brand name.
Actually have considered terming this family a dozen times! I’m may do it in January if this continues! I’m a a well seasoned provider and have raised my own six kids not that it matters to most of the absolutely stupid parents I deal with every year!!
Sherrihoos 08:10 AM 12-07-2017
She did not ask how many times I was changing. The first day she said to me, did you change dcd yesterday? Yes of course I did acting a bit surprised. I said she pooped three times. She said she noticed she was poopy at home and she never pooos in her car seat. Today she said my pediatrician says to keep her dry at all times. Change her as many times a you can. Then turns to dcd who is 2 and said tell Miss S when you are poopy. Like I can’t smell it!!!! 🙄 good grief count the diapers you send if you are so worried!!!
Mom2Two 10:13 AM 12-07-2017
Bagging them up doesn't sound too far-fetched, but I like the bottom inspection etc too.

Some children are more prone to "rashes." Also excema is associated with asthma and food allergies later on, so mom might end up with other concerns.

If it's excema, I would get a really good barrier cream from mom (as long as it's not yeast) and use it thickly.
amberrose3dg 10:15 AM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Sherrihoos:
She did not ask how many times I was changing. The first day she said to me, did you change dcd yesterday? Yes of course I did acting a bit surprised. I said she pooped three times. She said she noticed she was poopy at home and she never pooos in her car seat. Today she said my pediatrician says to keep her dry at all times. Change her as many times a you can. Then turns to dcd who is 2 and said tell Miss S when you are poopy. Like I can’t smell it!!!! 🙄 good grief count the diapers you send if you are so worried!!!
Oh goodness I would of been extremely offended, sounds like she was treating you like you were stupid and lazy. Change the kid so much she runs out of diapers constantly. That will change her attitude.
In all seriousness she probably isn't changing her a lot at home and is getting the rashes there.I've had kids like that and the parents have never accused me of not changing their kids enough.
storybookending 07:41 AM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hahaha I was going to suggest this before I got this far down in your post. Ball them up and permanent marker the time changed on them and hand mom the bag at pick up..

But really what BC said sounds good. Does she use the same diapers at home that they send to daycare? I know some parents send “cheaper” brands to daycare and keep the good ones for home. Maybe she’s having a reaction to the diaper itself? I know my niece can’t wear Huggies as they give her a rash. I noticed when she would come back on Mondays from being at her grandmas house for the weekend she was be wicked red. After about the 3rd or 4th Monday knowing she was at the grand parents for the weekend prior I said something to mom. She too noticed the correlation and didn’t know how to bring it up to her parents. She wasn’t sure if it was the water, her not being changed enough or what. She did some experimenting on her own and turns out it was the diapers grandma was buying.
Tags:diaper changes
Reply Up